Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GU @ Pacific 1/20 Cancelled - replaced with USF at GU (edited title)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GU @ Pacific 1/20 Cancelled - replaced with USF at GU (edited title)

Gonzaga Basketball
    @ZagMBB
    Schedule Update: Next Thursday's
    @WCChoops
    game between Gonzaga and Pacific on Jan. 20, will not be played as scheduled due to a COVID-19 related protocol within the Tigers' program. The Zags are at Santa Clara tomorrow with tip at 1 p.m.
    NewspaperPress Release: https://bit.ly/3GuX8nL
    All other WCC have games scheduled as of right now on the 20th. Zags have a bye on the 22nd, along with Santa Clara, so no shot at a makeup game their either. Gotta think at least one OOC game pops up between the 16th-27th.

Baylor. That’s my pick.

Comment

Yikes, didn't SCU just play the Tigers 2 days ago?

Comment

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
        Baylor. That’s my pick.
        God no. We have other ways to get a Quad 1 win. Hopefully, we just play a couple of WCC teams, and if we have to play on Tues or Wed, so be it.
        The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
          God no. We have other ways to get a Quad 1 win. Hopefully, we just play a couple of WCC teams, and if we have to play on Tues or Wed, so be it.
          I’d go for that, too.

But, are we the best? Maybe. It’s probably between Baylor and GU. Let’s find out now where things stand, especially since we have more youth on our side. We have time, at that point, for the youth to make improvements as necessary.

Comment

I want Kentucky. The only program we haven't beaten...I think. Won't happen though.
            America's Team!

Comment

With no scheduled game following Jan 15 vs Santa Clara until Jan 27 vs Loyola Marymount I am hard pressed to think the Zags won't find someone, somewhere to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Section 116 View Post
                With no scheduled game following Jan 15 vs Santa Clara until Jan 27 vs Loyola Marymount I am hard pressed to think the Zags won't find someone, somewhere to play?
                The USF Dons found someone to play on short notice, even though they had to play at that JUCO. But if they can do it, we can do it. Hopefully we can get two games for next Thurs and Sat evenings; at this point I would settle for "Our Lady of the Lake".
                The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

Actually the team we have played the most times without a win is Oregon State. We are 0-12 vs the Beavers between 1957 and 1991, the last time we met. Not excited about playing them this season with their #207 NET ranking.

We lost our only game vs. Kentucky 80-78 on 11/27/2002.

ZZ

Comment

i was just looking at Mountain West schools schedules out of curiosity and I noticed UNLV has a postponed game vs San Diego St on Jan 18? Not sure if it's UNLV's problem of SDS?

Comment

Originally posted by zagzilla View Post
                      Actually the team we have played the most times without a win is Oregon State. We are 0-12 vs the Beavers between 1957 and 1991, the last time we met. Not excited about playing them this season with their #207 NET ranking.

ZZ
                      0-2 vs Purdue too

Comment

let's find somebody, it happened a lot last year,
                        Baylor yes, Oregon State, yes, UW yes, KY yes, somebody yes ...

Comment

Originally posted by zagzilla View Post

ZZ
                          Neither here nor there but remembered an 8 point loss to Kentucky.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/223312250
                          sigpic
                          “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                          ——-
                          List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                          Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

No Baylor!

Comment

Originally posted by katman50 View Post
                              No Baylor!
                              Agree, that could be a setback.

Comment

Working...
                              X