Other Games: SAT - 01. 15. 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katman50 View Post
    Arizona leading but only 1 for 16 on 3 pointers. Yikes. 9 minutes left, leading by about 11.
    Kerr's not playing, I think he has a slight thumb injury. No worries, game is getting out of hand now.
    The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
      Kerr's not playing, I think he has a slight thumb injury. No worries, game is getting out of hand now.
      Steve?

Comment

BYU 7 and USF 8 approaching the 10 min mark in the 1st half?

ZZ

Comment

13 - 10, USF up, at the 7:55 mark
          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Oregon giving it to #5 USC. Dux playing well again after their December swoon

ZZ

Comment

SF is up 10 vs BYU. 13:30 left.

Interestingly SF is 17-19 from the line. BYU is 0-0.
              Birds aren’t real.

Comment

They were dreadful in OOC, but Washington is winning some games in conference. Not against the bottom feeders either (as far as I can tell). Kinda looking like anybody can beat anybody in the Pac 12 this year.

Oregon is also suddenly looking much more formidable than they were in OOC.

Comment

Dux get back to back wins against Top 5 UCLA and USC.

Dons lose to BYU after a late comeback.

ZZ

Comment

USF

Originally posted by zagzilla View Post

ZZ
                    I thought USF was gonna run away in this game. Some questionable shot selections down the stretch for USF. Barcello and Lohner willed BYU to win.

Incredible couple of days for the ducks. Did I really read that UW best Stanford? Pac 12 is crazy this year!

Comment

The Dons guards are extremely quick and crafty. That will be an interesting match up for the Zags. We control the guards we get a comfortable win. The SF guards get right up in you. Fun game to watch tonight.
                      America's Team!

Comment

Originally posted by zagzilla View Post

ZZ
                        Back to back road wins vs two top 5 teams. Dana Altman rounding his team into tourney ready play per usual.

Zags, Auburn, Arizona top 3 next week?
                        Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Originally posted by HenneZag View Post
                          The Dons guards are extremely quick and crafty. That will be an interesting match up for the Zags. We control the guards we get a comfortable win. The SF guards get right up in you. Fun game to watch tonight.
                          I watched the game from start to finish. It was paaainful. Both teams were offensively challenged. No spacing for either team all game. I did think that USF was the better team, but their constantly terrible shot selection kept BYU in it. The very late "foul" on Barcello was bogus -- he traveled and flopped. That pretty much ended USFs chances since Abouye went for the turnaround long-range winner 3 instead of the smart 2 at the end.

BYU fans with their noses sticking out all game, like an exposed penisfest. USF fans very largely with their N95 masks and playing it safe (except for their cheerleaders...wha!!! Even GU cheer squad plays it safe, at least to set an example).

Watching this game gave me a hernia, and if the Zags lose to either team the rest of the way, then we all deserve double inguinal hernias and a doctor's finger exam for that every day for the rest of the year. Turn your head and cough!

That said, I think USF has the potential to be more competitive against us than BYU. Their guards are indeed quick and talented.

Comment

Originally posted by caduceus View Post
                            I watched the game from start to finish. It was paaainful. Both teams were offensively challenged. No spacing for either team all game. I did think that USF was the better team, but their constantly terrible shot selection kept BYU in it. The very late "foul" on Barcello was bogus -- he traveled and flopped. That pretty much ended USFs chances since Abouye went for the turnaround long-range winner 3 instead of the smart 2 at the end.

BYU fans with their noses sticking out all game, like an exposed penisfest. USF fans very largely with their N95 masks and playing it safe (except for their cheerleaders...wha!!! Even GU cheer squad plays it safe, at least to set an example).

Watching this game gave me a hernia, and if the Zags lose to either team the rest of the way, then we all deserve double inguinal hernias and a doctor's finger exam for that every day for the rest of the year. Turn your head and cough!

That said, I think USF has the potential to be more competitive against us than BYU. Their guards are indeed quick and talented.
                            Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Every time a bubble team from a power conference beats a Top 15 team, I worry about the WCC’s potential to get four bids. The Ducks were pretty much out of the tournament picture after their non-conference performance. These recent wins are putting them back in contention for a bid. USF, SMC, and BYU won’t have many opportunities for those types of resume-changing wins. Their games against each other help the winner and hurt the loser.
                              “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

I think BYU is pretty safe for a bid at this point with wins in hand vs Gaels and Dons. Even if they wind up splitting with both, a WCC semi final or better should get them in.

Things are much more uncertain for USF. Now they lave lost to Loyola and BYU (home) and the game in Provo or beating BYU in Vegas is starting to look more like a must.

I’m betting that SMC and USF are an either/or deal for the WCC but not both as some .500 P5 conference is going to get that 9 seed or play in game over WCC 4th place finisher-analytics be damned.

ZZ

Comment

Working...
                                X