No announcement yet.

Hunter Sallis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. Same body type, same hops (very good) and Hunter upside is through the roof.

Comment

My Ja comparison was more of a compliment to HS. You’re right, maybe not entirely fair….
      I do enjoy his defense.

Comment

Originally posted by GUDAD2020 View Post
        My Ja comparison was more of a compliment to HS. You’re right, maybe not entirely fair….
        I do enjoy his defense.
        not close to being fair...hunter is a great athlete but ja is on another level.
        ja also has natural pg skills that sallis lacks.

at this point, better comps would be rj hampton or scottie lewis.
        both raw athletic skinny 6'4-6-5' guards drafted with the hope the shot eventually develops

Comment

This is what has happened so far when swapping Strawther with Sallis and leaving the other starting 4 in. Offensive efficiency drops 12 points, but defensive efficiency drops 20.

Comment

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
            This is what has happened so far when swapping Strawther with Sallis and leaving the other starting 4 in. Offensive efficiency drops 12 points, but defensive efficiency drops 20.

I'd be curious (not asking you to do the work, just curious) if the same approximate trend happened with Kispert to Strawther last year. I think in much the same way the limited minutes this year will be really essential for a breakout year in the 22-23 season.

Comment

I don't think that lineup had enough possessions to really say for sure, but it was very similar in efficiency to the main lineup.

Comment

I see the trajectory that Strawther is having... He is going on fire next year. Julian last year showed flashes and then at time looked out of place. As this season has progressed Hunter has been finding his place. I think the combo of him/Dom/Strawther next year is going to be crazy.
                "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                  I see the trajectory that Strawther is having... He is going on fire next year. Julian last year showed flashes and then at time looked out of place. As this season has progressed Hunter has been finding his place. I think the combo of him/Dom/Strawther next year is going to be crazy.
                  +1 and gets crazier if Hickman returns..

Comment

Originally posted by GUDAD2020 View Post
                    +1 and gets crazier if Hickman returns..
                    Oh yeah and defensively they are going to be incredible.
                    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Hunter Sallis

Is Hickman really going to leave to be, at best, a late first rounder though? If he comes back it’s his team to run and he’s got a real shot to become a lottery pick. I know fans think everyone is a one and done, but I don’t see any logic in Hickman leaving early. I am aware his family thinks he should be a one and done

Holmgren for sure leaves, plus Bolton and Nembhard are out of eligibility. Timme can leave but I’m not convinced it’s a lock with him projected mid second round. I think Strawther and Hickman would be making a mistake leaving this year from a position of optimizing their opportunity and value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
                        Holmgren for sure leaves, plus Bolton and Nembhard are out of eligibility.
                        Bolton & Nembhard each have one more year. They have 4 seasons of playing, but one of them was last season which didn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
                          Bolton & Nembhard each have one more year. They have 4 seasons of playing, but one of them was last season which didn't count.

Well there you go, I suppose there’s a lot of options that could happen. It’ll be interesting how it goes. The only guy that’s a first round lock is Holmgren (Top 3 lock). I could see Hickman and Strawther sneaking into the first round but not sure it’s the best move for them when they could be potential lottery picks the next year. Nembhard, Timme, and Bolton could leave but all are 2nd rounders at best

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
                            Well there you go, I suppose there’s a lot of options that could happen. It’ll be interesting how it goes. The only guy that’s a first round lock is Holmgren (Top 3 lock). I could see Hickman and Strawther sneaking into the first round but not sure it’s the best move for them when they could be potential lottery picks the next year. Nembhard, Timme, and Bolton could leave but all are 2nd rounders at best

If I was a coach or AD in this new NIL $ for players era, I would find boosters/businesses to create sponsorship deals based on year(s) in the program. Zags in the top, say, 8 of the rotation going into their junior year thus have such and such NIL $ guaranteed coming their way by being a 3rd year player earning rotation minutes. If it can be more than the G league salary would be all the better.

The guarantee of a ballpark amount of $ a returning player could factor into his decision making equation would presumably encourage guys to stay who aren’t sure thing lottery or 1st round picks.
                            Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Hickman, Strawther would both benefit from atleast 1 more year. I definitely don't want to get ahead of myself. Just breaking the surface on potential for both. Consistency and a deep run will help but I think we see both back next year. Sallis the same thing, I think one more year of growth and we see a crazy jump.
                              America's Team!

Comment

All Strawther needs is a killer instinct. He can score from anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X