No announcement yet.

Hunter Sallis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timme will go undrafted because the NBA draft is based on player potential.

For the same reason, Hickman and Sallis could go with Holmgren. They'll probably be told they'll have a higher draft position if they wait a year so it will be a decision based on how much they like school.

It's a similar situation with our veterans except their draft stock is probably set even with another year. They all should be able to play basketball professionally somewhere if they choose to move on.
    Ihre Papiere bitte

Comment

Imagine 2 more years with Timme. That would be sooo awesome.

ZZ

Comment

Plus side with Timme is you can tell he loves playing college ball. But when you are that good, you want to take on challenges. He’s gotta be wired in a way where he wants to prove people wrong and give the NBA a shot. I don’t think he’s an NBA player but he could get drafted around where Garza did and Garza made the Pistons and is playing a role for them. But Garza extended his range out to the 3 point line—shot 44% on over 3 attempts there his last year at Iowa.

I honestly think there’s a chance Timme comes back, especially if NIL deals are over 6 figures for him. NIL is taking over college football in a crazy way, I heard of a good not great transfer getting 250k to sign in the SEC last week, but I don’t know too much about what it looks like in basketball. Maybe some of our higher level donors can get something together for Timme and make it a better option.

If he leaves, we will be the number 1 transfer destination for a big, so hopefully there’s a good one out there looking for a prime role. It will be the first time we’ve had uncertainty at that position in quite some time. But as we’ve seen, it’s basically free agency these days and things can change very fast.

Comment

I am frankly surprised at how quickly some people seem to be dismissing Ben Gregg. You all may be right. Virtually everyone on this board knows more about basketball than I do. But the kid is still young and has some real skills. I also think it helps to remember how other players we have had required some time to blossom. (Olynyk?). And BTW, I also think it is too early to consign Kaden to the likely permanently disabled list.
          Last edited by tyra; 01-20-2022, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tyra View Post
            I am frankly surprised at how quickly some people seem to be dismissing Ben Gregg. You all may be right. Virtually everyone on this board knows more about basketball than I do. But the kid is still young and has some rest skills. I also think it helps to remember how other players we have had required some time to blossom. (Olynyk?). And BTW, I also think it is too early to consign Kaden to the likely permanently disabled list.
            I don’t think anyone is writing him off, just saying not likely ready to be a #1 big man next year.

Comment

I am frankly surprised at how quickly some people seem to be dismissing Ben Gregg. You all may be right. Virtually everyone on this board knows more about basketball than I do. But the kid is still young and has some rest skills. I also think it helps to remember how other players we have had required some time to blossom. (Olynyk?). And BTW, I also think it is too early to consign Kaden to the likely permanently disabled list.
              It’s more in the lines of hope for the best and plan for the worst. I wouldn’t want to assign any probabilities, but I think there is strong possibility neither Perry or Gregg are starters or minute-eaters on a legit contender next year. We just don’t know, obviously, and Huff is going to take a while to get to a place where he could contribute. From a composite score, he’s the lowest rated recruit we’ve brought in for several years. Big men sometimes take longer to develop at any rate.

Comment

Absolutely!

I wouldn’t bet on most of the opinions expressed here about ANYTHING, but I would bet on your opinion.
                Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

Hunter is a fantastic athlete...AND hes willing to do what needs to be
                  done.(to win) He learning his role....as his atheticism is already top notch...I don't blink when him or Hickman come in the game...BOTH STUDS.

Comment

I am frankly surprised at how quickly some people seem to be dismissing Ben Gregg. You all may be right. Virtually everyone on this board knows more about basketball than I do. But the kid is still young and has some real skills. I also think it helps to remember how other players we have had required some time to blossom. (Olynyk?). And BTW, I also think it is too early to consign Kaden to the likely permanently disabled list.
                    I am not giving up on Gregg. I think he will be a fine player before he leaves here. He is skilled, not afraid to mix it up, and is not a bad athlete for a player 6'10''. He just has to wait his turn.

Comment

I dont think people are disregarding Gregg. There are the Sabonis, Collins, Clark etc. Gregg will be a good player, probably not on the level of the guys mentioned. Nothing wrong with that, he will have an impact on this team.
                      America's Team!

Comment

Fairly small sample size. But Sallis is 15 for 19 from the FT. 2nd only to Nembhard who is 25 of 29. I think his outside shot will continuie to develop. He has been rising. Next year could be scary good.

Comment

Working...
                        X