Hunter Sallis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter Sallis

One of my favorite zags from day one, esp. looking at so many youtube of his high school play.
    I would love to get opinions on this question:

How do you see Hunter eventually fitting into the zag offense?

We have had glue guys like Mike Hart, Errol Knight who found their niche on our offense. Jeremy Pargo did not have a killer 3 pt shot, and Few worked them all in. You can see Sallis working hard at being a team player, passing and making assists, but its obvious to me he has not yet hit his stride in finding his role in the offense and knowing how, when and where to pour his enormous athletic gifts into the offensive machine.

There are so many high basketball IQ's on our board, I would love to hear their opinions about "If you were the coach, in what directions would you be trying to develop him into the team offense?" His growth could be in what directions?

I think he will be like Ayayi with a much higher upside. His athleticism will lead him to being a lockdown defender and if he develops his outside shot, he has lottery pick potential down the line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

He’s a mustang now. Next year he will explode. Higher NBA ceiling than all but Chet.

Comment

Love the rotation these past several games w Watson, Hickman, Sallis all getting 15-20 mpg. Seems they’ve earned it and Few is committed to an 8 man rotation now. Hickman super confident; I predict he will be game changer in some big wins ahead.

Sallis is like watching a player “get it” and the game starting to slow down for him. Late in game he swished his and one FT and I thought: I hope he squares up and strokes a deep 3 next time down the court. I think his stroke is fine, just needs to get his confidence and green light.
        Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
          I think he will be like Ayayi with a much higher upside. His athleticism will lead him to being a lockdown defender and if he develops his outside shot, he has lottery pick potential down the line.

Salis needs to watch a lot of film on AyAye, and learn all those back door moves, and know when to cut to the middle at the right time. He already does some of this, but he needs to watch a lot of film on Joel. Salis has more natural talent than Joel, now if he can just pick up on Joel's back door and cutting skills, he will be something else by the time he leaves here.

Comment

Only two shortcomings IMO

Consistent outside shooting

Driving decisions when defended properly
            Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

The young man has elite speed, quickness, a high motor and a nose for the ball. You can’t teach those attributes.

Coach Few and company will coach up the rest.
              “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

it's all about the jump shot with him...if it comes, he'll be in the league

Comment

He reminds me of old OSU great and Seattle Supersonic Desmond Mason. Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken Ball View Post
                    He reminds me of old OSU great and Seattle Supersonic Desmond Mason. Anyone else?

Good call on this comparison
                    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

good one. David Wingate comes to mind for me, slasher and tough finisher around the rim, had to learn consistency with the jumper over time, great defender and tough

re. the OP, agree with WallaWalla but on this team so far it's not been needed

Comment

Yes!

“The Cowboy”. Great Sonic!

Comment

Ja Morant

I have high expectations

Comment

Desmond lives in the OKC area where he is a fine artist (painter) and gallery owner. His work is impressive . He is a pretty fine human being too.
                            Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                            Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                            All mimsy were the borogoves,
                            And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

Originally posted by GUDAD2020 View Post
                              Ja Morant

I have high expectations
                              That's not really a fair comparison, but here are their freshman per-40 numbers anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X