Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 11 Rankings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Not a reach here, not a bold prediction, but here goes: Zags will remained the #1 team in both polls the rest of the season. Don't see anyone on the Zags's schedule that can hang with them. Plus, the Zags as teammates are going to feel more and more comfortable playing together. Plus-Plus, we are going to pound SMC or BYU or USF in the WCC Tourney Semi and Championship games.

    The one way Auburn nudges the Zags off the top spot is if they whip up on their conference mates. Personally, I think they drop 2-3 games; plus, don't think they win their conference tourney. Saturday's game v. Kentucky will speak volumes about Auburn's legitimacy as a Top-5 squad.




    :]



    *Not an Auburn hater, not an Auburn's Coach hater. In fact, I like the team.
    Auburn will jump us in the AP poll if they win both their games this week. Georgia is bad but Kentucky would do the trick considering how close this vote was. But yes, they will lose soon enough and we will be 1 the rest of the way.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by zagzilla View Post
      Remember when we used to bake a huge #1 cake when we topped the AP poll?

      http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/chom...king-huge-cake

      ZZ
      And the much-maligned t shirts. I own a few. Fun times. Let's get that title.
      Originally posted by Reborn
      Go Zags!!!
      Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
        Someone has Auburn at 22? Arizona unranked?

        Sketchy.
        22 is just the lowest Auburn's been ranked in the poll this season. Same thing with Arizona, they were unranked in the pre-season poll.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
          Auburn will jump us in the AP poll if they win both their games this week. Georgia is bad but Kentucky would do the trick considering how close this vote was. But yes, they will lose soon enough and we will be 1 the rest of the way.
          Good call.



          :]
          Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

          Comment


          • #50
            Let me make a prediction, not only is the Zags better than Auburn, so is Arizona. Also ucla is vastly overrated, and Purdue is a tough match up for anyone. Auburn lives and dies with the 3 pointer. When you play like that you are going to get beat be several teams that are not as good as you. Just look at who Auburn has played, no super teams there.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
              Let me make a prediction, not only is the Zags better than Auburn, so is Arizona. Also ucla is vastly overrated, and Purdue is a tough match up for anyone. Auburn lives and dies with the 3 pointer. When you play like that you are going to get beat be several teams that are not as good as you.
              Actually this Auburn team is not nearly reliant on 3's as in their Final Four run. They are 130th in 3PA/FGA this year (vs. 8th in '19). Also top 15 offense and defense this year. Not saying they'd beat our Zags, but a very good squad.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by KStyles View Post
                22 is just the lowest Auburn's been ranked in the poll this season. Same thing with Arizona, they were unranked in the pre-season poll.
                Aha, that makes much more sense.
                Birds aren’t real.

                Comment


                • #53
                  We all know that Auburn beat Alabama by 4 and Alabama beat Gonzaga by 9.

                  But did you know.....

                  https://www.myteamisbetterthanyourte...=2022;method=0

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Anyone else catch the interview with Tommy Lloyd after Zona defeated Colorado? When asked about getting bumped up top in rankings he said "It's a curse and doesn't want to be ranked highly".
                    He went further to state that opponents have a raised sense of urgency, work harder, prepare better and are more focused when playing highly ranked teams (or something similar to this).
                    His interview was really interesting. I could see so much Mark Few in his answers. It was uncanny and fun to watch. Tommy is humble, understates his success and says they have a lot to learn yet. Same stuff we've heard for years... Go Tommy!
                    Tuscon has a new star it looks like, he's really popular there.
                    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Bigger target on back. Better to ride under the radar a bit. Zags better ignore the ranking nonsense and focus on playing good basketball.
                      "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        With the relatively weak remaining schedule, I want the target. I want every team’s best effort.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by scrooner View Post
                          We all know that Auburn beat Alabama by 4 and Alabama beat Gonzaga by 9.

                          But did you know.....

                          https://www.myteamisbetterthanyourte...=2022;method=0
                          LOL .. that's kinda fun. RIDICULOUS, but fun.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
                            With the relatively weak remaining schedule, I want the target. I want every team’s best effort.
                            I agree. I think the program has gotten well past the point where we should be hoping that they can sneak up on teams or hoping that an opponent will overlook them because of their ranking. I know it's cool to say that rankings don't matter, but I like seeing the name Gonzaga next to the number 1 in everyone's list, regardless of what time of year it is. And I think the team is now playing up to that ranking, so it shouldn't matter who the opponent is, or what their motivation for winning the game is.
                            My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              - what makes auburn so good? i have not seen them play on t.v. this year?
                              - when i look at stats for scoring, fg%, assists, and rebounding i find gonzaga, arizona and purdue consistently at or near the top, with auburn nowhere to be found.
                              - they must play some strong defense, my guess like texas tech, rough.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                #16 offense, #11 defense per Barttorvik. 16-1 with wins over

                                9 LSU
                                22 Alabama
                                31 Florida
                                33 Murray St
                                42 Loyola
                                54 St Louis
                                70 Syracuse
                                81 UCF
                                88 Mississippi

                                One loss, in OT, to 29 Connecticut.

                                https://barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Auburn&year=2022

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X