Week 11 Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
    We all know that Auburn beat Alabama by 4 and Alabama beat Gonzaga by 9.

But did you know.....

https://www.myteamisbetterthanyourte...=2022;method=0
    But this may be worse....

https://www.myteamisbetterthanyourte...=2022;method=0

Comment

Originally posted by Zig it up and Zag it out! View Post
      KenPom 357. Looks like they should be AP #1 though!

Comment

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
        With the relatively weak remaining schedule, I want the target. I want every team’s best effort.
        Agree. While I don't put a lot of stock in the mid-season rankings, as Zags we should be glad to be in the Top 25 as much as possible (and as highly ranked as possible). Given our conference "season," we need the motivation and the visibility (from a national perspective).

Comment

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
          KenPom 357. Looks like they should be AP #1 though!
          Don’t we play them every year?

Comment

We are opening a gap on KenPom again.

Comment

Also, Arizona has moved ahead of us in the NET rankings with their win over Stanford.

https://www.warrennolan.com/basketba...net-teamsheets

Comment

when we are looking at a recruit, or possible recruit, on youtube interviews, seems like I often hear,
                yeah, I got a call from gonzaga, you pay attention when the best team in the country calls you ...
                stuff like that.
                I think being #1 a lot helps with recruiting in many cases.

Comment

My biggest concern is Arizona. They are demolishing almost everyone they play and Ballo had a career high last night. If they win out and so do the Zags, I have to think they will get the number one
                  seed in the West. I love Tommy Lloyd but I would hate for the Zags to have to play them to win the West. I still remember some of those heartbreak games against Arizona. I still remember the double
                  overtime loss to Arizona in 2003 when Arizona was a number one seed (that game was an instant classic).

Just another comment that I have heard on the forum. Now that Tommy Lloyd is at Arizona and has them playing Zag type basketball, Arizona will be beating us out for the top prospects. First, I think Few and crew
                  can still pick and get good prospect and then develop them. Arizona might be power 5 but the Zags have gotten PLENTY of exposure and considering the number of Zags now in the pros, I don't think that is a hindrance.
                  College experience is more than just getting into a power 5 school, there is the university setting and student body. I have to say, the climate and surroundings of Arizona might be OK for some, but I think Spokane and Gonzaga offer a much nicer setting.

Comment

Originally posted by CPkZagFan View Post
                    If they win out and so do the Zags, I have to think they will get the number one seed in the West.
                    When is the last time that a #1 seed went undefeated in their league play, and then did not get a number 1 seed in the tournament. My guess is that this has never happened.

Comment

Not sure Zags passed the "eye test" last night vs SF. Expect that if Auburn beats Kentucky, they will take over #1.

ZZ

Comment

Arizona hasn’t played an especially tough schedule. Blowing out bad teams isn’t very impressive to me. We’ll see what happens when they work their way thru some of the better teams in league. (Yes, that sentence is ironic from a Gonzaga fan but their non-league wins aren’t quite as strong as we thought at the time.)

All that said, if they keep winning then I wouldn’t mind seeing them as a 1 seed in the tournament and not the 2 out west.

Comment

While we should respect Arizona as a potential threat to our road to New Orleans, we should also remember that in a way what Tommy is doing down there is spreading Gonzaga basketball and its approach. Which, after the Sean Miller affair, is probably a good thing. It is a good thing to spread good coaching, good fundamentals, sharing the basketball, and good defense. It is good to see Tommy succeeding with the Gonzaga approach at a school with as storied a tradition in the P12 as Arizona. His success there is pretty damn good evidence that what Gonzaga has done works anywhere, not just in the WCC. It is validation of what Gonzaga has accomplished to see it replicated at a school like Arizona. Gonzaga's approach works and is transitive and even if we are not Arizona fans, we should be Tommy fans and we should feel a sense of hometown pride in what he is doing.

Meanwhile, remember the Arizona alumni who were openly ripping Tommy after the hire, like Richard Jefferson and Gilbert Arenas?

I haven't heard a peep out of them now that Tommy is 15-1 in his inaugural season, #3 in Kenpom, 1 and has the Wildcats rolling.....

Comment

I’m a gonzaga fan not a tommy fan. If Few left for duke im not going to start pulling for duke. Same principle here. I appreciate tommy and what he did for us but will only cheer for him insofar as it doesn’t negatively impact gu. Unfortunately I see his success at u of a as a threat to gu in terms of recruiting and possibly beating us in the tournament therefor am not pulling for his team.

Comment

Originally posted by ZANY View Post
                              I’m a gonzaga fan not a tommy fan. If Few left for duke im not going to start pulling for duke. Same principle here. I appreciate tommy and what he did for us but will only cheer for him insofar as it doesn’t negatively impact gu. Unfortunately I see his success at u of a as a threat to gu in terms of recruiting and possibly beating us in the tournament therefor am not pulling for his team.
                              Absolutely 100% agree with this. Could not have said it better myself.
                              Love the Zags!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ZANY View Post
                                Well put. Totally agree. Am not cheering for Tommy or Arizona one bit. He's history. Only concerned about the Zags.

Comment

Working...
                                X