Week 11 Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 11 Rankings

Will Zags be #1 again when the AP poll is released tomorrow? Many here seem to think it is a foregone conclusion but could voters prefer Auburn?

Tigers (who have never been ranked #1, incidentally) point to their wins this week @Alabama (#24 NET, beat GU) and @Ole Miss (#113 NET, by 9 after trailing most of the game) as justification for a jump from #4 to #1 and to leapfrog the Zags

Zags were very impressive in posting wins over #26 NET BYU and #89 SCU by 25+ to go along with 2 previous wins vs then-Top 5 opponents (UCLA, TX)

On the broadcast yesterday, Casey Jacobsen said he expected GU to ascend to #1 but thought Auburn might be better.

AP, NET, BPI, Kenpom Top 25 wins all favor GU
    SOS, Quad 1/2 and lone common opponent support Auburn

Personally, I expect we are #1 with some first place votes going to Auburn.

ZZ

About Auburn, they are on probation. In my opinion any team that is on probation should not be in the rankings at all. Having them in the rankings is telling teams, go ahead and cheat. It is ok even if you get caught. I don't think it is right.

Comment

Auburn will get beat by Kentucky next week. If they are no. 1 it will be short lived.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
        About Auburn, they are on probation. In my opinion any team that is on probation should not be in the rankings at all. Having them in the rankings is telling teams, go ahead and cheat. It is ok even if you get caught. I don't think it is right.
        Understand this sentiment, but it seems that the current players shouldn't be penalized for the misdeeds that occurred in September 2017. Pearl has had previous run-ins with the NCAA most notably when with Tennessee.

But a system that penalize players that are totally innocent of the past misdeeds of coaches and assistants needs to be reexamined.

Comment

Right or wrong, Auburn will be #1 come Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by daskim View Post
            Understand this sentiment, but it seems that the current players shouldn't be penalized for the misdeeds that occurred in September 2017. Pearl has had previous run-ins with the NCAA most notably when with Tennessee.

But a system that penalize players that are totally innocent of the past misdeeds of coaches and assistants needs to be reexamined.
            I don't believe this. These players know when a team is being investigated, and could go to any other school that is not under investigation, and now could transfer to any other school. They chose to stay at Auburn, so it is on them. That said I wish Kessler was here. 4 man rotation of Timme, Holmgren, Kessler, and Watson. No other inside rotation in the country could match that, wouldn't even be close.
            Last edited by TheOtherGreatOne; 01-16-2022, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by katman50 View Post
              Right or wrong, Auburn will be #1 come Monday.
              Not a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by zagfan1 View Post
                Auburn will get beat by Kentucky next week. If they are no. 1 it will be short lived.
                If Auburn are hitting their shots, Kentucky is not going to beat them. Don't judge Kentucky by that Tennessee game. They have looked just as bad in several games as they looked good against Tennessee. If it comes down to actual coaching, Calipari is not even in the same class as Pearl. Pearl may be a slime ball, but he can coach. On the other hand Calipari is one of the worst x and o coaches of any big time schools in the country. If it is close at the end Pearl wins hands down.

Comment

I would have thought that Casey Jacobson, having graduated from Stanford, was smarter than saying Auburn is better than Gonzaga.
                  Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                    I would have thought that Casey Jacobson, having graduated from Stanford, was smarter than saying Auburn is better than Gonzaga.
                    Why. His opinion happens to align with mine…..Auburn has a great record, single loads a in overtime and have quad 1 and 2 wins to move ahead of us
                    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

Originally posted by zagzilla View Post
                      Will Zags be #1 again when the AP poll is released tomorrow? Many here seem to think it is a foregone conclusion but could voters prefer Auburn?

Tigers (who have never been ranked #1, incidentally) point to their wins this week @Alabama (#24 NET, beat GU) and @Ole Miss (#113 NET, by 9 after trailing most of the game) as justification for a jump from #4 to #1 and to leapfrog the Zags

Zags were very impressive in posting wins over #26 NET BYU and #89 SCU by 25+ to go along with 2 previous wins vs then-Top 5 opponents (UCLA, TX)

On the broadcast yesterday, Casey Jacobsen said he expected GU to ascend to #1 but thought Auburn might be better.

AP, NET, BPI, Kenpom Top 25 wins all favor GU
                      SOS, Quad 1/2 and lone common opponent support Auburn

Personally, I expect we are #1 with some first place votes going to Auburn.

ZZ
                      My vote at this point and time would go to Auburn based upon their record, single loss in overtime and beating a team that beat us

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                        Why. His opinion happens to align with mine…..Auburn has a great record, single loads a in overtime and have quad 1 and 2 wins to move ahead of us
                        Then why aren't they they ahead of us now?

Comment

Then why aren't they they ahead of us now?
                          They just beat Alabama who beat us this past week thats why and a big reason they should be ahead of us in my view….as they don’t have a bad loss (with only one in overtime) but several big wins and one big win against team that beat us badly

Auburn is 10-1 in quad one and two. We are 5-2 quad one and two

Auburn has 4 away wins. We have one away win

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                            They just beat Alabama who beat us this past week thats why and a big reason they should be ahead of us in my view….as they don’t have a bad loss (with only one in overtime) but several big wins and one big win against team that beat us badly

Auburn is 10-1 in quad one and two. We are 5-2 quad one and two

Auburn has 4 away wins. We have one away win
                            Okay. I have been living in motels for 6 weeks, cell phone only. I may have missed a thing or two.

Comment

Okay
                              So why do you think we should be ahead of them this week?

Comment

Working...
                              X