No announcement yet.

Gonzaga vs San Francisco Post game thoughts and analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What USF game were some people watching?
    Hickman played many minutes with Andrew on bench with 3 fouls. Hickman made plenty of "good plays" which did not show up in the stats line. He is obviously "good enough" to run the point for GU. Why isn't he playing more? Because Nembhard is the starter and more experienced. Why do you think Kentucky wanted Hickman bad enough to recruit him. Hickman will positively help us the rest of the year and in March. Hoopoholic you and I agree again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by BurgessEraZag View Post
      What USF game were some people watching?
      Hickman played many minutes with Andrew on bench with 3 fouls. Hickman made plenty of "good plays" which did not show up in the stats line. He is obviously "good enough" to run the point for GU. Why isn't he playing more? Because Nembhard is the starter and more experienced. Why do you think Kentucky wanted Hickman bad enough to recruit him. Hickman will positively help us the rest of the year and in March. Hoopoholic you and I agree again and again.
      I agree with everything written but want it known Hickman is getting 20 minutes a game. And has earned it…..and yes is playing PG at times for us which bodes well come Ides of March

Did my father get technologically savvy and create a zag forum log in? (Just kidding but he was at GU during Burgess era and love his stories about him)
      Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
        Well being the leading scorer is a pretty good contribution. I believe 16 second half points. That's when it counts most.
        As I mentioned at the end of the game thread:

"In case anyone thinks +/- in a single game matters, Bouyea was one of the best players on the floor (if not the best) and he had the worst +/- of anyone on the floor at -16."

Comment

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
          Also, Chet is our best player.

I remain hopeful Hickman will take more minutes from Bolton.
          With very few plays run for him. I said months ago, the O should have been built around Chet. Instead he’s treated like just another talented newbie in the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
            With very few plays run for him. I said months ago, the O should have been built around Chet. Instead he’s treated like just another talented newbie in the lineup.
            I see your point but also think Chet is a cerebral player. He has worked hard to fit in, makes the right next play/pass for a team and let’s Timme, Nembhard be the leaders. He is becoming more and more assertive and I hope he goes supernova in the Dance.
            Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Timme is gonna score more but in terms of impact on both ends, Chet should grade out as our best player. Offensively he is shooting it better since the COVID pause, 6-11 from 3 in these four games back. More confident and the stroke looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
                Timme is gonna score more but in terms of impact on both ends, Chet should grade out as our best player. Offensively he is shooting it better since the COVID pause, 6-11 from 3 in these four games back. More confident and the stroke looks good.
                chet's got a great stroke when he just pulls up and shoots...he misses whenever he thinks about it or hesitates.
                i'm not even sure i've seen him hit a completely wide open three yet where he takes his time..it seems he almost slows down his shooting motion.

Comment

Chet was 0-3 against Duke and 0-4 against Alabama on mostly open looks. A bunch of reasons we lost those games but Chet is certainly one of our best shooters and if we can get him going with slightly increased volume.. look out.

Comment

Working...
                  X