Week 12 Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 12 Rankings

Gonzaga at 2, as we all expected. Still pulling down 1 votes, though.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...sociated-press

Texas and Alabama dropped from the polls.

UCLA and TT still looking like great wins. BYU at number 26. USC might be the most overrated team.

Comment

If Auburn can continue to pull out wins like they did against UK on Saturday and run the gauntlet in the SEC, they deserve it. If they can't, they don't.
      Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

I'm cool with this. Not going to get bent out of shape like the Auburn fans were last week.
        "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Originally posted by gueastcoast View Post
          If Auburn can continue to pull out wins like they did against UK on Saturday and run the gauntlet in the SEC, they deserve it. If they can't, they don't.
          I have no beef with the rankings. However, Auburn's win over Kentucky isn't as impressive as it may appear. Kentucky was winning handily (up by 9) until Ty Ty Washington went down with an ankle injury and was out for the rest of the game. Their next PG, Wheeler?, missed a good spell in the second half for what appeared to be concussion protocol. A win is a win but I'm not sure the outcome would have been the same had Washington remained in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
            I'm cool with this. Not going to get bent out of shape like the Auburn fans were last week.
            Agreed. I think it’s the right order for the top 2. If Kentucky doesn’t have the in-game injuries, I think they win, and possibly by double figures.

But it didn’t happen.

Comment

Not gonna sweat it, Pearl sweats enough for all of us.

Comment

NET Rankings

1 1 Arizona Pac-12 16-1 4-1 2-0 10-0 2-1 4-0 5-0 5-0
                2 2 Gonzaga WCC 15-2 1-0 3-2 11-0 4-2 2-0 0-0 9-0
                3 3 Houston AAC 17-2 3-1 3-1 11-0 1-2 2-0 7-0 7-0
                4 4 Baylor Big 12 17-2 5-0 3-0 9-2 7-1 2-1 2-0 6-0
                5 5 Auburn SEC 18-1 5-0 3-1 10-0 5-1 5-0 5-0 3-0
                6 6 Villanova Big East 14-5 6-3 2-1 6-1 4-4 3-1 3-0 4-0
                7 7 Kansas Big 12 16-2 4-1 3-1 9-0 5-1 4-1 3-0 4-0
                8 8 Purdue Big Ten 16-3 2-2 4-0 10-1 3-2 3-1 3-0 7-0
                9 9 Kentucky SEC 15-4 2-3 1-1 12-0 2-4 2-0 2-0 9-0
                10 10 LSU SEC 15-4 1-3 4-0 10-1 4-3 3-1 4-0 4-0

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                  I cant watch a game he coaches. He seems like an animated ball of stress all game long. Sweaty ball of stress for that matter.
                  America's Team!

Comment

Jordan Sperber had an interesting discussion with Ken Pomeroy on his Solving Basketball podcast a few days ago about the AP poll and why it's important for pollsters to avoid group think, and how metrics systems compare to human rankings, the problem with the AP poll, etc. It was a pretty good listen!

Comment

I don't really care where we're ranked as long as it's in the top 10 now and we end up with a good 1 seed in March.

Just for fun, GU vs Auburn. May they never top us in the end-of-year KenPem ratings.

Comment

Historic #1 Ranking for the Auburn Tigers. Great for their fans and players.

:]
                        Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

I've got a framed front page of the spokesman from the zags' first #1 ranking. Fun moment for Auburn's bball fans.

Comment

Interesting on the NET rankings. I think Arizona's road games really help them overcome our record. We have more Quad 1 wins, but Quad 1-2 comparison is 6-1 vs. 6-2.
                            GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post

Was watching that game... wife comes in to the room, asks why that coach was sweating so much. I simply replied... that is what he does.
                              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Working...
                              X