No announcement yet.

Other Games: TUE - 01. 25. 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will some of the board members stop drooling over Arizona now? Quick to jump on bandwagon, should be quick to exit? Obviously they have great players and we know Tommy can coach. But cmon!

Comment

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
      I'm reminded of this take from December:

"If we had a 3-point shooter that was as deadly accurate as Kerr Kriisa, we would probably be 9-0."

0-12 (0-9) tonight. Woof.
      I got a chuckle when UCLA fans started chanting "MVP, MVP" every time Kerr Kriisa touched the ball late in game. Harsh but funny
      Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

One of UA’s best players was hurt. They have a really good starting 5 (last night’s awful shooting notwithstanding) but don’t seem to be particularly deep. Mathurin was trying to be aggressive when nobody else had it last night but I think over penetrated a few times when he should have settled for a midrange shot.

It’s nice to see Ballo making an impact somewhere. (The fact that he is getting a lot of minutes shows the difference in depth between there and GU, as I think he would still be warming the bench here).

Comment

AZ looked like an unranked team last night.

As for Auburn, that was a close call. Missouri isn’t good.

Comment

First time watching AZ play was last night. How their record is as good as it is baffles me, they looked like they were running for their life last night and a bit soft compared to UCLA. So many bad shot choices. I do think the refs let the Bruins get away with too much however.
            One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

I’ve seen them a few times and their shot-making is usually much better. They were also missing a huge piece (played but limited effectiveness) due to an ankle sprain.

They also weren’t able to harass UCLA with their pressure defense like they do against less talented teams.

Comment

Arizona also hasn’t played very many good teams. Lost to the two best teams they’ve played. They run up the score on bad teams and the metrics are good.

Comment

Not a fan of Arizona by any means, but believe they are a much better team than they demonstrated last night. Glad the Bruins won, though.

Comment

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                    Go Bruins.
                    Two words I would never ever in my life utter.
                    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Now, if it were the Zags barely getting past a crappy Mizzou team, there would be a chorus of idiots out there saying they don't deserve whatever rank they are.
                      "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                        Now, if it were the Zags barely getting past a crappy Mizzou team, there would be a chorus of idiots out there saying they don't deserve whatever rank they are.
                        Too true.

Comment

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                          Two words I would never ever in my life utter.
                          What about, "Go to the toilet, Bruins!"?

:]
                          Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

Working...
                          X