ESPN Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Mock Draft

ESPN came out with their updated NBA Mock Draft for both rounds this year. Not the end all, be all, but they tend to be fairly well connected.

1. Chet Holmgren
    51. Drew Timme
    52. Andrew Nembhard

I'm still not convinced that Drew is gone for sure next year although I can see why he'd take his shot (no pun intended). I do think that Nembhard will go pro regardless of technically having the Covid year (as I was told previously) if he wanted it.

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    ESPN came out with their updated NBA Mock Draft for both rounds this year. Not the end all, be all, but they tend to be fairly well connected.

1. Chet Holmgren
    51. Drew Timme
    52. Andrew Nembhard

I'm still not convinced that Drew is gone for sure next year although I can see why he'd take his shot (no pun intended). I do think that Nembhard will go pro regardless of technically having the Covid year (as I was told previously) if he wanted it.
    Drew is a wildcard. We all know he needs to improve his outside shooting. He has money coming in currently, could benefit from sticking around one more year (maybe). The problem with Drew is some guys are just natural shooters, how much can he really improve his outside shot in one season? Drew will make a good amount of money playing ball after college, it may or may not be the NBA.

Nembhard will get a shot at the NBA, but it will have to be a system which utilize his strengths otherwise he won't make it. He has a high basketball IQ and is creative the team needs to represent that.

Man I would love to see Chet but he will be gone from 1-3 in the draft.
    America's Team!

Comment

I’d bet the general consensus is Timme is a finished product at this point. That is to say, coming back isn’t gonna help him. He can come back for plenty of other reasons—finish a master’s, enjoy playing college hoops at Gonzaga, get a nice NIL deal, etc, but it won’t be to improve his draft stock imo.

I hope he returns, but you don’t get to where he’s gotten without a desire to prove people wrong and willingness to bet on yourself. So I imagine he goes for the challenge of that instead of coming back again and trying to do it a year later. I maintain my belief that he’s not an NBA player but he’s one of my favorite Zags ever, an absolute legend, and I hope he shows me I’m wrong.

Comment

If Drew came back for his senior year he would have a real shot at the Zags all time scoring record. I don’t know if that could factor in in some small way, but he could put his jersey in the rafters. Maybe if it’s a split decision that could be the tipping point for 1 more year.

That and 1 more year and a chance to start next to his buddy Watson.

Comment

Originally posted by bdmiller7 View Post
          If Drew came back for his senior year he would have a real shot at the Zags all time scoring record. I don’t know if that could factor in in some small way, but he could put his jersey in the rafters. Maybe if it’s a split decision that could be the tipping point for 1 more year.

That and 1 more year and a chance to start next to his buddy Watson.
          It’s a great point. I also think his jersey gets retired if he comes back. Sacrifices a year of earning potential but hopefully that’s supplemented a bit by someone writing him a thank you check in exchange for a few social media posts.

Comment

I hear talk on this board concerning Hickman and Sallis perhaps testing the waters. I wish them the best but think it's unrealistic and ill advised IMO. I don't see them in any mock drafts in the second round or anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by katman50 View Post
              I hear talk on this board concerning Hickman and Sallis perhaps testing the waters. I wish them the best but think it's unrealistic and ill advised IMO. I don't see them in any mock drafts in the second round or anywhere.
              Testing the waters is one thing, staying in is another. I haven’t heard anything on Sallis even testing the waters. Hickman I have heard it both ways, but I hope he stays. I truly think Hickman can be a lottery pick after his Sophomore year and he would be a second rounder at best if he went this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You don’t see them projected because no one thinks they’re gonna leave except a couple people posting on here.

Comment

Drew has TWO more years of eligibility.

The current points leader is Frank Burgess with 2196.

Drew has 1251, and he scored 323 & 608 his first two seasons. Supposing he were to play 3 seasons (including this one) and averaged 600 points each season, that's ~2700 or so.

Comment

Working...
                  X