Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gonzaga vs LMU Post game thoughts and analysis

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    What was the deal with Martynas and his jersey last night? I had the CC and volume turned off. He's such a great kid.
    He had a white undershirt with a gray jersey. He had to remove it (not sure if that is a NCAA rule or what) before checking in

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
      He had a white undershirt with a gray jersey. He had to remove it (not sure if that is a NCAA rule or what) before checking in
      Thanks guys!...Few looked a bit nonplussed, lol, as much as you can be when you're up 30 or more. I much prefer the clean home white fwiw.

      Comment


      • #18
        After the broadcast (maybe halftime) one of the CBS talking heads said he likes Auburn’s guards better, and that they are more athletic. I like our guards much better, although admittedly I have not watched much Auburn. Are their guards better?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
          After the broadcast (maybe halftime) one of the CBS talking heads said he likes Auburn’s guards better, and that they are more athletic. I like our guards much better, although admittedly I have not watched much Auburn. Are their guards better?
          Their guards might be suited better for the ISO ball style Auburn runs.
          Ihre Papiere bitte

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
            Thanks guys!...Few looked a bit nonplussed, lol, as much as you can be when you're up 30 or more. I much prefer the clean home white fwiw.
            I thought the same thing about the grays. The grays are an interesting novelty, but I prefer the traditional clean home whites. The alternative Jalen Suggs ZAGS whites were a better alternative in my opinion.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
              After the broadcast (maybe halftime) one of the CBS talking heads said he likes Auburn’s guards better, and that they are more athletic. I like our guards much better, although admittedly I have not watched much Auburn. Are their guards better?
              I think they actually said they liked Auburn's bigs and guards better, and they all seemed to feel that Auburn was the better team. Seth Davis was saying that he voted GU#1 in the poll this week and would probably do so again next week, but then he joked after hearing the others, they had convinced him to change his vote.
              My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

              Comment


              • #22
                After the game, one of the CBS Sports guys said GU might be limited later by a “lack of depth.” Help me out here. Do we really have a lack of depth? The first three players off the bench include two Mickey Dee’s and two will absolutely play in the NBA and the third very well might. Holy cow, is that a lack of depth???

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by tyra View Post
                  After the game, one of the CBS Sports guys said GU might be limited later by a “lack of depth.” Help me out here. Do we really have a lack of depth? The first three players off the bench include two Mickey Dee’s and two will absolutely play in the NBA and the third very well might. Holy cow, is that a lack of depth???
                  I'd say, no lack of talent but, yes, a lack of depth at the post position. If just one of Timme/Holmgren/Watson fouls out or worse Zags suddenly gotta go small ball or deep into the bench. I shudder at the thought of this happening vs a team like Purdue or Auburn or any # of other squads with high end low post big boy scoring bigs. Having said all that, no team is perfecf and I love the 2021-22 version of our Zags just fine.....a healthy Kaden Perry would be particularly helpful but this train ain't stoppin so Few et al just gotta make do with the guys they have.
                  Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Just watched, and read above, great read. My .02

                    Johhnson went pick and roll vs. Drew in the rinse repeat 1st half. Zags looked to dig over with all primary ball defenders and stick, Drew delaying the ball just enough but mostly trying to stay with his. He jumped the dribble a couple of times but Few and co. really tested to the perimeter players to dig snd stick on the dribbler screen roll. Zags did that some with Chet but switched it a lot, same with AW instead of hard dig.

                    Johnson also tried the zone that ceded the FT line, Zags responded well imo

                    What was the d efficiency with Chet and the bench? Those 3 guys have been changing games when they play defensively, can't just go after Drew screen roll screen roll screen roll. I think it helps their o efficiency too but no #s to support. Seemed to 2nd half last night imo

                    On Gregg, I think his first shot was a forced miss thru a double team when the kick was there to Hunter, then he had 2 different times when made a nice move 1v1 but passed up the opportunity and turned it over, so maybe a little unsure on his reads 1v1 and when double teamed, imo, maybe a little hyper too, but tough to read garbage time too much for me. Defensively could see minutes depending on matchup/game situation even to play hard and foul for a couple minutes. There are many positive qualities. He's a big, I'm all over watching him develop. For example, he looked kind of gassed at the end. Hard to get that game shape without the run.

                    Enjoyed reading this thread

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Don't care for the gray uniforms one bit. Please, no more!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
                        He had a white undershirt with a gray jersey. He had to remove it (not sure if that is a NCAA rule or what) before checking in
                        Yes undershirt must match jersey color……so he would have needed a grey undershirt
                        Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

                        Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                          Yes undershirt must match jersey color……so he would have needed a grey undershirt
                          That's a rule that I didn't know about. I can see the rationale.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            agree, no more gray, haven't liked it from day one, looks so plain

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Dump the grays!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                                That's a rule that I didn't know about. I can see the rationale.
                                Yep difficult for refs during heat of game
                                Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

                                Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X