GU vs Portland - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GU vs Portland - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Next up... short window here... the Portland Pilots come into Spokane. Pilots are coming in off a win over Pacific. Portland is 2-3 over their last 5. Do the Pilots guide their way to a road upset or do the Zags throw that idea off course?

What are you hoping to see tomorrow night? What are you expecting to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

ZAGS - 95
    Portland - 58

Bench gives up 12 in final 3 minutes.

Comment

OK... the trend seems to be the Zags working on flexing their defensive muscle in these games. It almost seemed like they alternated between trying to shot clock LMU and trapping and going for steals.

Based on that

Zags 87
      UoP 50
      "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Beatdown coming................

Kids have tacos by midway through the 2nd half. Joe Few extends his team leading rebounds per 40 minutes stat.

90-55, could be 120-50.

Go ZAGS

Comment

104-67 Zags
          Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Zags 93, Pilots 67
            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Pilots - 68
              Zags - 101

Go Zags - Beat the Pilots!
              “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

GU 105
                UP 70

Comment

Zags 92-53

Comment

Pilots fan here. If the Pilots keep it competitive at halftime, I'll be satisfied. They surprisingly were competitive for the first half against BYU at Marriott Center enough that BYU's radio guy had words of praise for our team despite the loss. I jokingly wish it was us instead of SCU that beat them, but anyway given how crazy that environment is, I feel the Kennel won't phase them.

Also I know Holmgren has been the freshman talk of the conference, but don't sleep on Chika Nduka. Among WCC freshmen in league games, he trails only Holmgren and BYU's Traore in scoring and rebounds. Which might not be saying much overall skill-wise, but some of us at Pilot Nation feel for his efforts and contributions to the team he's really flown under the radar (and may have been respectfully snubbed of a few WCC freshman of the week honors).
                    SOUND VOLTEX EXCEED GEAR

伝説になんてならなくていい。It does not need to become a legend.
                    常に新たな礎を作っていけばいい。It should always make new foundations.
                    これからもずっと。Always.

Comment

I underestimated LMU's defense and physicality. I won't make that same mistake with Portland.

Zags - 106
                      Portland University - 72
                      My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Comment

Gonzaga - 95
                        Portland - 62

Comment

Heister and Foxy on the call, D-Train is working another game. I don't expect much out of Portland, they are usually one of the worst teams in the WCC.
                          The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

GU 105-59

Comment

zags 94-61

Comment

Working...
                              X