No announcement yet.

BZ Bulldog of the Game - Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy voting for Timme, I voted for Nembhard... That was the most relaxed performance I can remember from a GU point guard against a nationally ranked team... I loved Stepp and he was a cool customer but last night Andrew had ice in his veins... Drew 's performance was awesome but AN got my vote...

Go!! Zags!!!
    Last edited by bigblahla; 11-14-2021, 05:02 AM.
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

Originally posted by billyberu View Post
      Fran Fraschila: "and if you don't double him he's going to get 40 tonight, okay?"

This was 10 minutes in. Timme was a beast the entire game. Almost Morrison-esque out there with the swagger.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      Easy, BB. Emphasis on “esque.”

Comment

I did not expect Nembhard and Bolton to outplay the Texas guards, but it felt like they were in complete control of that game. They played with excellent poise. They broke the Texas presses with ease. Their shot selection was sound. Their ball-handling was excellent. Their defense kept Texas bottled up for much of the first half.

Like Texas, this team is blending a lot of new pieces together to try to form a cohesive unit. Gonzaga looks farther along in that process than Texas does at this point in the season. I really liked what I saw out of all four upperclassmen. They looked like they have been in big games before and made the smart, simple plays that win games. We now have 3-4 months to coach up the rest of the team to match their performance. We have the talent. We have great upperclassmen leadership. We have amazing coaches. The best is yet to come.
        “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
          People on the internet are funny.

you saw the offer?

Comment

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
            you saw the offer?
            Can someone explain this to me please?

Comment

Originally posted by IowaSERE View Post
              Can someone explain this to me please?

end of Dixie state game….GU student in stands yelled at Timme as he was leaving the arena….put 40 on Texas and I”ll Venmo you $100.

Timme turned around and yelled back…..F*** NO!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
                I did not expect Nembhard and Bolton to outplay the Texas guards, but it felt like they were in complete control of that game. They played with excellent poise. They broke the Texas presses with ease. Their shot selection was sound. Their ball-handling was excellent. Their defense kept Texas bottled up for much of the first half.

Like Texas, this team is blending a lot of new pieces together to try to form a cohesive unit. Gonzaga looks farther along in that process than Texas does at this point in the season. I really liked what I saw out of all four upperclassmen. They looked like they have been in big games before and made the smart, simple plays that win games. We now have 3-4 months to coach up the rest of the team to match their performance. We have the talent. We have great upperclassmen leadership. We have amazing coaches. The best is yet to come.
                This

But would add Hickman play second half was not like a freshman. He is going to be a key contributor end of year with his solid on ball defense, ability to relieve ball handling and nice shot selection
                Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

Originally posted by bigblahla View Post
                  Easy voting for Timme, I voted for Nembhard... That was the most relaxed performance I can remember from a GU point guard against a nationally ranked team... I loved Stepp and he was a cool customer but last night Andrew had ice in his veins... Drew 's performance was awesome but AN got my vote...
                  I voted for Timme, but I hear ya on Nembhard. He was a superb floor general out there last night . . . and for every single minute of the game.

Comment

Voted for Timme, but Nembhard, Watson, and Bolton were stellar. Bolton particularly with about 15 minutes in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                      This

But would add Hickman play second half was not like a freshman. He is going to be a key contributor end of year with his solid on ball defense, ability to relieve ball handling and nice shot selection
                      I liked Hickman’s play. He looked comfortable, not in over his head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                      - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post

I get a GBJ vibe from Hickman. That is a compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post

There's nothing flashy or sudden about his game. Also, game face never seems to change. It's going to be hella fun watching these guys mesh.

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
                          Surfmonkey89

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                            Easy, BB. Emphasis on “esque.”
                            Not as a player comp, more about the vibe they create. Timme is less a counterculture hero and friendlier, and Adam just a smidge more lethal with the ball in his hands.

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
                            Surfmonkey89

Comment

Hickman’s 2 free throws as Texas closed in were stone cold clutch.

Comment

this was one of the biggest no brainer player of the game situations I can remember,
                                couldn't even consider voting for Hunter Sallis, who presently is my favorite zag

Comment

Working...
                                X