No announcement yet.

BZ Bulldog of the Game - UCLA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nembhard was the glue tonight and gets my vote. There was a stretch he had a couple steals and it just seemed to turn the tide permanently.

Overall, the guys had some major hits tonight. They showed their toughness and composure. Good officiating to kept things in check.

Bonus: Mr Vitale gets an Honorary Zag of the Game vote from me. Nothing is more excruciating then chemo. He showed amazing toughness to do a round and announce a full game. Keep up the good fight!

Comment

Originally posted by MTZag03 View Post
      I'm going Chet just with the all around game that made everything easier for Gonzaga. I know you could say the same for Nembhard
      I was surprised that it is so overwhelmingly Nembhard (who had an excellent game). The Zag defense was the star of this game, in my opinion, and Chet was the lead actor.

But man, Nembhard was nails.

Comment

Originally posted by IMADEYOUREADTHIS View Post
        POG? Nemhard. Nails.

Anti-POG? The surfer looking ref who wasn’t aware his whistle could be used against UCLA.
        At about the 12 minute mark of the second half the Zags had 8 fouls called against them to UCLA’s 0 (ZERO)

Comment

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
          At about the 12 minute mark of the second half the Zags had 8 fouls called against them to UCLA’s 0 (ZERO)
          I was texting everyone I could think of, wondering why this wasn’t ever mentioned in the broadcast.

Comment

Despite all that, the Zags kept their composure, and the lead never dropped below 16.

Comment

Originally posted by IMADEYOUREADTHIS View Post
              I was texting everyone I could think of, wondering why this wasn’t ever mentioned in the broadcast.
              Refs aren’t there to slow the bleeding (that’s incumbent on the players), but it seems like they take on that role in blowouts way to often.

Comment

It’s Nembhard and it’s not close
                Bring back the OCC

Comment

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                  Despite all that, the Zags kept their composure, and the lead never dropped below 16.
                  I thought that the game had to have been whittled down to close to 10 points a few times (after fouls, empty possessions, made UCLA buckets) and each time I looked at the score the lead was still 20

Comment

Easily Nembhard. Truly one of the best games I’ve ever seen from any GU guard. Completely controlled the ball game.
                    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Did you hear the cheer that erupted in the stands when UCLA were charged with their first foul of the 2nd half?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                      There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
                      Surfmonkey89

Comment

Andrew

Andrew played a complete game tonight and was magnificient! He controlled the pace and made all the right passes. He played like an All-American and we are so very lucky to have him in our program. I know the other players on the team get a lot of hype by the media, but Andrew plays the game right and deserves much more accolades for leading this team. Congrats to a great game from a great Zag!

Comment

Nembhard easily wins this but I want to give a shout out to Strawther who I think had the best possession of the night. Poked the ball for an offensive rebound, then saved a bad pass from Nembhard from going out of bounds, then drained a 3. All in the span of 10 seconds. This was when UCLA was getting a little bit of confidence in the second half. Hustle like that when we're up big is going to go far in closing out ball games.

But the winner here is Nembhard. Felt like he was toying with UCLA at times.

Finally I want to also give a shout out to Chet. Box score doesn't come close to explaining how big he is out there. Juzang and Jaquez weren't getting the easy buckets they got last year because Chet is an absolute dominant presence down low.

Comment

Originally posted by billyberu View Post
                            Did you hear the cheer that erupted in the stands when UCLA were charged with their first foul of the 2nd half?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                            Oh yes I did. Lol.
                            America's Team!

Comment

Went with Chet on a coin flip. The real edge was showing big in a big game, and hopefully it won’t be the last time! We’ll need him looking this good again on Friday. Hopefully, they don’t follow this win over UCLA with another loss like the last time they beat the Bruins.
                              The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.

Comment

Had to go with Nembhard but thought hard about Chet, both had great games.

Straw definitely gets an honorable mention with more than a few man-sized rebounds, you love to see it.
                                Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X