BZ Bulldog of the Game - UCLA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nemby and it wasn't even close. Chet gets an HM though
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Thought Straw played a brilliant 2d half. Those points and rebounds were key to holding off the Waltons from getting the deficit into the teens, which would have been uh-oh time. Also thought we slowed it down a bit too soon. Perry had one big rebound too.

Comment

Nembhard ranks with best if not the best point guards in GU's history.

Noticed a bunch of phantom calls on GU tonight. Mostly called on Holmgren.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          Thought Straw played a brilliant 2d half. Those points and rebounds were key to holding off the Waltons from getting the deficit into the teens, which would have been uh-oh time. Also thought we slowed it down a bit too soon. Perry had one big rebound too.
          Straw definitely put the final touch on "goodnight John (Juzang) boy!"

Comment

Nembhard for sure.

Very nice week of college hoops for the Nembhard brothers!
            Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Nembhard. But IMO it was close with he and Holmgren. Holmgren's defense that first half was totally awesome, and it gave GU a comfortable lead that they held the rest of the game. His defense really frustrated UCLA'S plans. You could see their plan was to attack Holmgren, and he showed that he is a lot tougher than people think.

Now to Nembard. Wow!! 24 and 6 assists, but was in total control of the game. He showed that he DOES have an offensive game, and CAN shoot the 3 ball. You can see the UCLA'S defense was going to make Nemby and Boldon shoot the 3,,,,And both of our guys showed them they they can shoot the 3 when needed. But it was Nemby's attacking the basket off the dribble that surprised me. He scored on a lot of insdie baskets. Last year's Zag team was outstanding in attacking the basket but I think that this year's guards are even better. Nemby's play was one of the best guard play that I"ve seen at GU and there are some damn good guards at what is known as Guard U.

Go Zags!!!
              Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

Interesting observation I had when I learned that Nembard went for 24 & 6. I had no idea he scored that many points.

That's the way he plays the game. Efficiently and quietly doing what needs to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by billyberu View Post
                  Did you hear the cheer that erupted in the stands when UCLA were charged with their first foul of the 2nd half?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                  I pointed out to the persons I was watching the game with

Comment

Originally posted by billyberu View Post
                    Did you hear the cheer that erupted in the stands when UCLA were charged with their first foul of the 2nd half?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                    Never in my life have I seen an officiating team dole out 9 fouls on one team without calling one on the opposing team. Think it was 12 of the first 13 in the second half were called on GU. Think refs had money on the game and needed to help the spread.
                    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                      Never in my life have I seen an officiating team dole out 9 fouls on one team without calling one on the opposing team. Think it was 12 of the first 13 in the second half were called on GU. Think refs had money on the game and needed to help the spread.
                      I think the refs were trying to throttle the game because the outcome was never in doubt. A 9 to zero foul ratio is silly, especially given how rough they were playing us last night. The prospect of playing a marquee match up with both of our bigs in foul trouble almost became real last night. Subbing in Kaden Perry indicates Few wanted a physical presence in there, no disrespect to Ben Gregg, but KP dished out some hard fouls and I was glad to see it. If you're going to get called, might as well earn it.
                      There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
                      Surfmonkey89

Comment

https://www.gatorcountry.com/swampga...2-ucla.529053/

Thread about Andrew on the Gator Board.
                        But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Nembhard highlights - stolen from the Gator fans.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Sm_3ApQmw

He looks like he is having a lot of fun playing for the Zags.
                          “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

Working...
                          X