BZ Bulldog of the Game - Merrimack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BZ Bulldog of the Game - Merrimack

The Zags continue to struggle with turnovers and lackluster three-point shooting, but a dominant performance on the boards helps. The Zags outrebound Merrimack 56-20 in a big win.

Who is tonight’s BZ Bulldog of the Game?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401371287
    Bolton
    0.00%
    Strawther
    2.70%
    Watson
    48.65%
    Holmgren
    22.97%
    Timme
    25.68%
    Someone else? Who?
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Martin Centre Mad Man; 12-10-2021, 01:52 AM.
    “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Went with Watty
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Went with Drew. Quick moves tonight, too quick for the double to come. OTOH, continued horrible 3-pt shooting (23%, under 20% before the garbage 3 at the end) and WAY too many TO's (17). Both those things are going to haunt the team come March and April if they don't get them fixed. Both Nemby and Bolton 0'fer from behind the arc tonight. FT's better tonight, gotta keep those at 70%+ as a team.

Lots to work on, lot of good things as well.

Go ZAGS

Comment

Went with Watson. Great rebounding and passing.

Comment

Watson. A couple boneheaded plays on his part, but all in all, a good game. Keep it up, Anton!

Comment

Watson. The kid contributes in so many areas.

Comment

Drew looked like a real leader tonight. Near perfect in scoring. Watson and Holmgren were outstanding too..

Comment

I understand Chet put up good numbers, but I couldn’t vote for him because in light of his number 1 recruit standard, the whole “Unicorn” thing, I can’t help but expect such numbers when playing against a team like Merrimack. This is what he should do. I give him credit for some great second efforts, and he exhibits toughness despite being pushed around due to weight disparity, but I really want to see him really excel against a quality opponent. And I wish he would quit bringing the ball down low when he he gets it in the low post.

Voted for Watson. Still some errors, but so many good things that contribute to defense and offense.

Comment

Went with Watson because it was his best game in many ways. We've known he was capable of this performance all along. Timme was great and scored the highest as usual but for him, not an outstanding game. Chet got knocked around and lost the ball too much.
                  One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

Watson. Drew too lazy with his passing out of the high post. Chet needs to take care of the ball more. As good as all our bigs are - SO MANY DANG TURNOVERS!!! We NEED to police that up.
                    GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

Watty.

Comment

Watson caught the ball, passed the ball, dribbled the ball; he rebounded on both ends, made most of his shots, took the ball away from the other team, and didn't let the other team take the ball away from him. The whole team needs to emulate that.
                        'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                        - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Certainly, a case can be made for Drew or Chet...... but I went with Watson because he appeared to be the most team-oriented player on the floor.....the best passer......

I am not going to go back and watch and count, but I came away with the impression that many if not most of the turnovers were the result of very poor passes ......really dumb passes....

Comment

Anton appeared to have the best all around game. Not sure if I'm taking Timme and Holmgren for granted but Watty impressed!

Comment

Working...
                            X