BZ Bulldog of the Game - Texas Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BZ Bulldog of the Game - Texas Tech

The Zags improved in three critical areas against an excellent defensive team.

Better three-point shooting? Check.

Cut down on turnovers? Check.

Hit your free throws? Check.

Who is tonight’s BZ Bulldog of the Game?

Box score
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401371295
    Nembhard
    52.13%
    Bolton
    41.49%
    Strawther
    0.00%
    Holmgren
    0.00%
    Timme
    0.00%
    Watson
    6.38%
    Hickman
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

“No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Bolton, without a doubt. We wouldn't have won it without his 3 ball. A case could also be made for Andrew, who played a great game the second half.

Comment

Went with Andrew...great second half.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
        Went with Andrew...great second half.
        Definitely could have gone with Bolton, but went with Andrew for fighting through early struggles and coming through big time late.

Honorable mention to Bolton and to Chet -- such a game changer around the rim.
        Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

Game got close (2points), Bolton hit shots, game.
          I thought his 3s swung the game in our favor.
          Birds aren’t real.

Comment

Check the individual stat category leaders for the multiple honorable mentions. Team kept its cool, played its game on on both ends of the court and fed the hot hands on offense. Well played and superbly coached.

Comment

Bolton is the right answer here....but great game from all the guards really.

Comment

Nembhard for me personally. The lack of turnovers are more his doing than bolton, who was amazing with his shooting. Really like what I saw when you have a defense that wont let the post players do their thing.
                Krozman
                GU student 1996-2000
                Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

Correction Noted....................

As stated earlier, MUCH better FT's, TO's, and 3-pt shooting.

Went with Nemby for both shooting from behind the arc and running the show really well, including only 1 TO in 40 minutes. Coach can take him off restriction and give him the keys to the car again.

Go ZAGS

Comment

Watson should get honorable mention. I feel it was one of his best games. Andrew played with more confidence.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nemb played 40

Comment

I thought several Zags were deserving of this one, but I went with Nembhard. I thought he played his best game, since UCLA. He kept the offense under control in the face of Texas Tech’s ball pressure. Six assists against one turnover was huge. He made a number of crafty defensive plays to get stops. He worked the clock effectively to close the game out.

Kudos to Bolton for timely shooting. Kudos to Holmgren for his defensive presence and rebounding.
                        “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

FWIW

Nembhard, for ball handling, defense, rebounding, and hitting some big perimeter shots in the 2H. He was big in recovery from TT’s rally to within 2.

Runner up, Bolton. If he didn’t hit those perimeter shots in the 1H the game would been different.

Comment

Bolton kept us in it with timely 3's. He did chuck up 2 ill-advised "heat checks" though. Watson was huge when Chet was in foul trouble.

ZZ

Comment

Went with Bolton. Feel like he lifted the boys with clutch 3s whenever TT made any kind of run
                              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Working...
                              X