Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

——GUnit of the Game——Northern Arizona. This one’s for Woohoo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watson! I don’t think he had any silly fouls that kept him off the court.

Comment

Toss up between Watty & Chet. Leaning towards Chet on this one! Anton was really good and starting to get comfortable in games. The staff knew he could do it but sometimes that stage is a little 2 big! Game looks like it has slowed down for Watty as it did for Joel.

Comment

Are you folks kidding? Chet led the team in scoring, rebounds, blocks and minutes played. You may have been disappointed he was only second in shooting percentage, had only one assist, did not have a single steal or didn’t commit to return next year. Perhaps you’re pissed he didn’t wear a Superman cape.

Watson had a wonderful game, and deserves enthusiastic applause from all of us,

Chet was the player of the game. Without question. Ask Watson.

Comment

Originally posted by TravelinZag View Post
          Are you folks kidding? Chet led the team in scoring, rebounds, blocks and minutes played. You may have been disappointed he was only second in shooting percentage, had only one assist, did not have a single steal or didn’t commit to return next year. Perhaps you’re pissed he didn’t wear a Superman cape.

Watson had a wonderful game, and deserves enthusiastic applause from all of us,

Chet was the player of the game. Without question. Ask Watson.
          Hmmm ... I guess Frick, Frack and his other brother Frack don't know what they're doing as they (along with me) named Anton Watson Player of the Game.
          sigpic
          “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
          ——-
          List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
          Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
            Hmmm ... I guess Frick, Frack and his other brother Frack don't know what they're doing as they (along with me) named Anton Watson Player of the Game.
            +1
            “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
              Watson and Holmgren both had really good games, and i had to give the MVP to Watson because his 17 points and 3 steals and numberous power dunks were just beautiful to watch. I really couldn't believe how well he was playing. He looked like Timme last year. I mean his inside game, jump hooks gallor, was just beautiful. And he is really getting off the ground. I think he worked out a lot in the offseason.

Go Zags!!!

Chet will almost always wow us with his unique abilities but his game still lacks the degree of maturity that I expect to see in February.

Anton frequently made three point shots and crazy dunks in high school, but thanks to his contributions often sat down during much of the second half unless the score needed running up. I’m seeing an always reluctant hero, recovered from shoulder injuries, regaining confidence in his game and having a good time on the court again.
              Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

Am I Frick, Frack or the brother Frack? Because I apparently foolishly voted for the wrong player (Mr. Watson) as G Unit of the game. Do I owe Travelin or Chet the apology? And how will I ever make up for this so so obvious oversight? (Snark intended).

Comment

Originally posted by Plainsman View Post
                  Am I Frick, Frack or the brother Frack? Because I apparently foolishly voted for the wrong player (Mr. Watson) as G Unit of the game. Do I owe Travelin or Chet the apology? And how will I ever make up for this so so obvious oversight? (Snark intended).
                  You must have never watched the Newhart show ... Larry, his brother Darryl and his other brother Darryl morphed themselves in Heister, Dickau and Fox (Frick, Frack and his other brother Frack).

TravelingZag got a bit too aggressive (my opinion) in lamenting other's opinions that Anton Watson was the GUnit of the game. I merely pointed out that the official broadcast also had Anton as Player of the Game.

My post had absolutely nothing (ie zero) to do with you or any other boardmember.

Nothing.
                  sigpic
                  “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                  ——-
                  List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                  Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

You must have never watched the Newhart show ... Larry, his brother Darryl and his other brother Darryl morphed themselves in Heister, Dickau and Fox (Frick, Frack and his other brother Frack).

TravelingZag got a bit too aggressive (my opinion) in lamenting other's opinions that Anton Watson was the GUnit of the game. I merely pointed out that the official broadcast also had Anton as Player of the Game.

My post had absolutely nothing (ie zero) to do with you or any other boardmember.

Nothing.
                    Hey GoZags-I had and have absolutely no problem with your post. As a matter of fact, I wholeheartedly agree with your post and I was aiming tongue in cheek at Travelin's post. I agree he got a little over the top in his comment about the G Unit and I was snarkily joining the ranks of the Frick and Frack group as a voter for Anton. I am sorry you took this as a shot at you because it was really a shot, not intended to be taken too seriously, at Travelin but I guess my sarcasm skills need some honing. Happy Holidays.

Comment

I went for Chet. He started fast, made some swishy 3's, was aggressive while making crisper passes, and swatted shot attempts per usual. He set the tone early and looked like a leader.
                      Anton certainly gets an honorable mention for his performance. I'm digging his aggressiveness which is leading to offense. I can certainly see why some voted for Anton.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                      There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
                      Surfmonkey89

Comment

I voted for Woo. And I’m sure Watty would happily share.

Comment

At times we vote for the player that emerges to a higher level of play that we knew they were capable of, but hadn't seen it until a breakout night. Arguably both Watson and Chet met this standard if optics is your standard. Either way deciding who one thinks is better on a given night is our individual perception and it's tough sometimes because two or more could be so close to being that guy. I will say it was a fun game to watch for certain. I am hopeful the motors keep running now..
                          One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

Working...
                          X