BZ Bulldog of the Game - Pepperdine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BZ Bulldog of the Game - Pepperdine

After a long layoff and players out sick, this had the potential to be a sloppy affair. It wasn’t. The Zags looked like a Top Five team and the Waves...didn’t. I thought the 3/4 press was excellent and frustrated Pepperdine’s offense for much of the first half. I thought the bench played great.

What are your observations of tonight’s contest? More importantly, who is tonight’s BZ Bulldog of the Game?

Box score

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401371309
    Timme
    10.67%
    Holmgren
    13.33%
    Strawther
    0.00%
    Bolton
    0.00%
    Nembhard
    13.33%
    Watson
    58.67%
    Sallis
    4.00%
    Hickman
    0.00%
    Someone else? Who?
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

“No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Anyone hear why Kaden Perry didn't play? Was he on the bench even?

Comment

117 points. Wonder how close that is to a record?

ZZ

Comment

The emergence of Watson as a front line scorer is the story here. Count me as one who values his floor and sees his ceiling a bit clearer.

A shout out to Mark Few and his staff for coming out sharp after the long layoff. The players executed, but the practices have apparently been fierce. Kudos.
        There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
        Surfmonkey89

Comment

Originally posted by whatazag View Post
          I thought he was not in uniform but on the bench.

Comment

Theo Lawson reported Perry was held out due to back issues.
            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Watson was also the First Interstate Bank Player of the Game. I am not sure how that pick occurs. And when Matthew Lang hit his 3, it was also taco night. His post- game interview with Tom Hudson was amusing - he indicated that Coach Fe was “almost always right” - Huddy said he needed to make sure Morrison heard that��

Comment

Originally posted by zagzilla View Post
                117 points. Wonder how close that is to a record?

ZZ
                Still a ways off from the 136 they scored in the loss to LMU in Feb 1989. LMU had 147. Amazing game.
                'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

I liked seeing Timme make a 3. Incredibly fast out of the gates with 10 in the first 2 mins! Watson, once again, played extremely well. The increased minutes seem to paying off for Sallis. Overall the team was impressive given the long layoff.

Comment

How fun was that? Up tempo fast and furious play was a blast. While Watson was likely the hero, as a team they were clicking more like early on this year. Nembhard was really good tonight albeit not as a scorer but steady facilitator throughout. Hat's off to Pepp putting up 83 and not giving up. 200 POINTS TONIGHT! Wow!
                    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

He's still having back spasms

Comment

It’s nice seeing Watson get some love. His relative lack of hops and foot speed is balanced by his strength and hand quickness. He has a very good basketball IQ. It seems that he is learning how to feel his defender behind him on post-ups and is getting more proficient at scoring by using his body to create angles and getting his defender off balance down low. He’s actually the hardest of all the Zag post players for the defense to get off of his spot and it’s nice to see him taking advantage of that.

Comment

Watson. He's not forcing as much, made some fantastic reads, passes. He will be needed moving forward.
                          America's Team!

Comment

I thought that both Watson and Nembhard had really good games. Hard for me to pick between them.

Comment

Voted for Nembhard even though I'm a huge Watson fan, and delighted he is improving his offense of late. That one steal he made after Pepperdine rebounded a ball around the free throw line was incredible.

But Nembhard is the engine that runs the team, and his unselfish play is the hallmark of a true Gonzaga player.

Comment

Working...
                              X