Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BZ Bulldog of the Game: USF @ GU - 01. 20. 22

Stats: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=377737

Who thinks it's a good sign when your team comes out flat, digs themselves a bit of a hole, then demonstrates the resilience to battle back and garner a win on an "off" night ?

USF gave them a good fight. Bouyea was outstanding and the Don's defense was pretty good.

Who gets your ballot as tonight's BZ Bulldog of the game in the 78 - 62 victory ?
    Timme
    1.15%
    Nembhard
    4.60%
    Chet
    86.21%
    Watson
    6.90%
    Other. . .
    1.15%

The poll is expired.

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Chet

Comment

Minnesota Fat's

Comment

Team was stagnant when Nembhard wasn’t on the floor

Comment

Chet was really aggressive tonight along with his usual work in the paint and elite rim protection. With Drew having difficulty with the Don's length in the paint, even getting viciously dunked on in the 1st half at one point, Chet filled that void sublimely. He is sneaky tough, gangly and frequently altering shots. Tonight he was the alpha dog.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
          Surfmonkey89

Comment

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
            Team was stagnant when Nembhard wasn’t on the floor
            By this logic, nemby should win every mvp of game

Comment

Chester the Rejector
              Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
              Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
              All mimsy were the borogoves,
              And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

Pretty awful for everyone but Chet tonight.

Comment

Cast my vote for Chet. Solid performance in both halves.
                  The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Chet had a great game yet I couldn’t help tonight but think about where we would be without Anton. He is such a valuable part of this team. Kaden is out. Ben is not ready for these kinds of minutes. Anton is the only bona fide big man after Chet and Drew.
                    Last edited by tyra; 01-20-2022, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Voted for Chet, but I really wanted to vote for myself. Trying to watch 3 late games at once (and I have the screens to do this) is not the easiest thing to do when one is zonked out on RockStars and is used to crashing before 10 pm sometimes. But a win is a win, I don't care how ugly it was. At least I have 6 days to de-compress.
                      The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

Chet. Played a great game all around. Not every win is going to be pretty. Credit SF, they are a great team. Score closer then the actual score imo.
                        America's Team!

Comment

although Nembhard had two turnovers, he had 7 assists, 4 rebounds (as many as Drew), 10 pts and 3 steals (more than the rest of the whole team combined). There is a reason Andrew has more minutes than any other player. In a free for all game like this his steady hand at the helm, kept us more composed than the opponent.

Holmgren is like the boxer who keeps getting clobbered by the rough-house opponent, but keeps making the opponent score less points and lose, and keeps punching back. Gee, everytime they beat him up and banged him down, he just got an re-entered the war. Of all the games this season, this is the one where Chet went through the ritual of passage and comes out a real man. I hope he gets a massage tomorrow, I am sure his bruised body will sleep well tonight, if the pain doesn't keep him awake. Same for Drew, he kept coming back on an off night, and had most points.

Comment

I voted for chet too. I thought it was his best game this year. He was really tough tonight on offense and on defense. He looked like an All-American tonight. He hit two of the five threes.
                            Timme really fought back and scored 16 second half points to lead the team with 23.

This was not Gonzaga's best game this year, and not even close. It was definitely not their A game and maybe a B- or C+.

Go Zags!
                            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

Chet. His best game as a Zag. The young fellow seems to improve every game. Don't be deceived with his thin frame. The kid is tough as nails.

Comment

Working...
                              X