Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BZ Bulldog of the Game: LMU @ GU - 01. 27. 22

STATS: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=377740

Lions were able to hang with the Bulldogs for the first ten or 12 minutes, still trailed 36 - 19 at the half. Gonzaga overwhelmed LMU the rest of the way, winning 89 - 55.

Zags shoot 34-55 (61.8%) with 21 assists, 6 blocks, 7 steals, and only 8 TO's. They were 12-23 on 3FG.

Holmgren leads all scorers with 21 on 7-8 shooting, including 3-3 from beyond the arc.

Bolton chipped in 10 / 1 / 5 with no TO's. Nembhard 6 / 3 / 4 with no TO's. Strawther 10 / 6 / 2 no TO's

Which Bulldog earns your vote as tonight's POG ??
    Strawther
    1.39%
    Nembhard
    0.00%
    Hickman
    0.00%
    Watson
    0.00%
    Chet
    95.83%
    Bolton
    0.00%
    Timme
    0.00%
    Other. . .(and why)
    2.78%
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Chet
    Bring back the OCC

Comment

How can this even be a question tonight? Chet!

Comment

Chet! Barely missed!!

Also- just a random observation, but WOW…we have some insanely talented guys coming off the bench…
        Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

Chester for sure
          Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
          Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
          All mimsy were the borogoves,
          And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

Chet Holmgren - it could not be anyone else. He was outstanding tonight for the 2nd game in a row.
            Love the Zags!!!

Comment

Chet, without a doubt. So entertaining to watch, he is.

Comment

Holmgren for sure. No doubts in this one.

Go Zags!!!
                Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

Unicorn

Comment

I voted Chet but I see someone had to go and ruin the unanimous decision. This is the most lopsided vote I have ever seen on here.

Comment

No question, our Slim Reaper.

Comment

My vote is for Chet. Did everything out there.

Really enjoyed the minutes for Sallis. Still growing into the system, but love his energy. Zag future looks good.

Comment

Chet Holmgren is getting comfortable at the D1 level....dude is just starting to hit his stride and I can't wait to see how this season plays out!
                          As talented as he is, it just may be his intelligence and team first attitude that is most impressive to me. He has fit in, blended into the team first system and is now starting to really put his stamp on the team on both ends (did so defensively from Day 1). Love it!

Maybe reading too much into this as a Zag fan but all the camera shots of the bench and the Zag players interacting with one another before, during and after the game look to me like this is a group that has really fantastic chemistry. Bodes well
                          Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
                            No question, our Slim Reaper.
                            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

One critique of Chet is that on box outs he lets his man go through him to tip the ball at times. I don't know exactly how he avoids this (it arguably is a foul), but perhaps stronger box outs or attacking the rebound more would do it. I noticed it in games past but it happened 2-3 times this game.

He came in with a reputation as a shooter and he looks much more confident in his shot of late. This version of Chet probably makes a few of the shots he missed against Duke, which would have been the difference in the game. Banchero looked much more NBA-ready at the beginning of the season but Chet is closing the gap. His ball handling continues to be great for a player his size; I am impressed with his guard-like ability to change direction with his dribble and keep his dribble low when pressured.

Comment

Working...
                              X