• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martin Centre Mad Man
    Administrator
    • Apr 2009

BZ Bulldog of the Game - St. Mary’s at the Kennel

The Zags needed a game like this. They needed a game against a team that would fight for forty minutes and play a different style of game than they have played all season. The Gaels’ defense seemed to slow the Zags down at times, but the Zags made enough plays down the stretch to close it out.

Andrew Nembhard played a great game with 16 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists and 0 turnovers. Drew Timme scored 25 points, grabbed 8 rebounds, and added five assists. Chet Holmgren blocked 3 shots, altered several others, grabbed 13 rebounds and snuffed several St. Mary’s possessions in the last two minutes.

Who is tonight’s BZ Bulldog of the Game?

Box score for the Gonzaga Bulldogs vs. Saint Mary's Gaels NCAAM game from February 12, 2022 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.
    Timme
    67.12%
    Nembhard
    32.88%
    Holmgren
    0.00%
    Someone else? Who?
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

“No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective
  • Sarenyon
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I really wanted a Timhard choice... but went with big Drew.
    GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• kitzbuel
      • Feb 2007

It’s a little harder choice than what imagined at half time. Nembhard was as solid in the second half as Timme was in the first. There were a number of good efforts across the team.
      'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
      - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• GonzaGAW
        Zag for Life
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Sarenyon View Post
        - like it, agree.
        - timme's first half production pretty much put the game away. with st. mary's style 13 points is very hard to overcome.

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

I voted for Nembhard because most of his points came in the second half when the game was getting closer. He made some big shots off the dribble. He scored all of his points inside the 3 point line, which I really like because he was looking or searching for his shots. He's a very good shot maker inside the arch, and he showed how he can score off the dribble. Whether people believe it or not, he scored most of his points going one on one, as did Timme. That's just my opinion.

Go Zags!!!
          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2007

timme had 7 assists, wow
            Randy seemed to orient his whole defense around Timme. understandable.
            he took a beating and just went right back at them.
            they way they played him, finding open men to pass to was the answer and he answered the call.

Comment

• FloridaZagFan
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • May 2019

Originally posted by Sarenyon View Post
              Timhard is perfect! So spoiled with this talent. I guess I'll pick big Drew he draws so much attention from the D and somehow manages to score plus 7 assists.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2008

The crossover dribble at the top of the circle that culminated in a dunk was the tie-breaker, for me. He also had some timely buckets.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
                  Timhard is perfect! So spoiled with this talent. I guess I'll pick big Drew he draws so much attention from the D and somehow manages to score plus 7 assists.
                  What about TimGren or HardChet? The possibilities are endless! lol

Comment

• 77Zag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Aug 2007

Went with Timme, but Nembhard was spectacular -- team leaders stepping up when needed. It was one of the Andrews --- Drew or Andy!!

Go Zags - Beat the Waves!
                    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• RenoZag
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Timme gets my vote.

Honorable mentions to Mister Chet, Mister Nembhard, and the Defensive Dynamo -- Mister Sallis.
                      Last edited by RenoZag; 02-13-2022, 12:58 PM.
                      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• daskim
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2020

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                        Timme gets my vote.

Honorable mentions to Mister Chet, Mister Nembhard, and the Defensive Dynamo Mister Sallis.
                        Sallis put a hurt on Tommy Kuhse during the game. Incredible defender

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by daskim View Post
                          Sallis put a hurt on Tommy Kuhse during the game. Incredible defender
                          I'm going to have to go back and watch that.

Comment

Working...
                          X