Other WBB NCAA games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
    South Carolina missed 3 or 4 shots from point blank range in the closing seconds, going to OT. 54-54. 2nd half slightly better but still not impressed w/ either team.
    My wife said (after the first shot attempt)...”they’re going to overtime!”

No way honey...

(Three more shot attempts later...)

Told ya so! [emoji2955]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by CG3Dad View Post
      My wife said (after the first shot attempt)...”they’re going to overtime!”

No way honey...

(Three more shot attempts later...)

Told ya so! [emoji2955]

You should listen to your wife!

Comment

• Portland 69
        Pacific 67

San Diego 74
        LMU 64

Another day of upper half WCC teams beating lower half teams. Been pretty consistent all season.

Comment

• Bueckers is the real deal. Won this game in OT by herself. Needs some teammates to step up and go along for the ride w/ her.

South Carolina's PG was AWFUL! 5-16 shooting, 8 TO's. If she had been anything less than putrid South Carolina wins in regulation.

63-59 final. Paige w/ 31 (3rd 30 pt game in a row), 5 assists, 6 steals.

Comment

• Bueckers. Geez 3-4? 30 points games in a row? And a freshman? What's the lid on a player like this?

Comment

• Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
              Portland 69
              Pacific 67

San Diego 74
              LMU 64

Another day of upper half WCC teams beating lower half teams. Been pretty consistent all season.
              Another tough loss for us. With really (practically) only 6-7 players in our rotation, it's extremely challenging for us to put something together.

Still not sure what's up with Jas Jones?

Comment

• Couple of items first MBB Santa Clara has canceled their games this week to include Thursday game against MBB Zags. Cross your fingers that WBB Santa Clara make it to their two road games this week.

Update 4 out of 5 WCC MBB games canceled for Thursday Feb.11, 2021.

2 of 5 WCC MBB games canceled so far on Saturday Feb. 13, 2021.

Lets hope WCC WBB basketball programs are taking better precautions against Covid.
                Last edited by ZAGS ATTACK BASKET; 02-10-2021, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• So watched a couple of old Zag WBB games this week on TV one was 2019 against EWU, and one was 2018 against WSU.

2018 game was last night and I found very interesting. This game Jessie was out with a concussion. Starters for this game were Zykera, LeeAnne, Chandler, Laura, and Katie. First off the bench was Melody and Jill. Third wave off the bench was Jenn.

In this game against WSU we beat them by around 40 points. WSU had a girl nick named Bobby Buckets who was a Junior. The game took place in the Kennel. Chandler at one point in the game on defense got hit with a solid shoulder from the WSU player that sent her flying across the floor. But they called a foul on Chandler, and the replay clearly showed what happen but they did not reverse it. The Zags fans rained down the boos, which bought a big smile to my face.

Then on another play Katie got whacked on the Jaw hard but she did not fall down took the blow rubbed her Jaw and started walking to the other end knowing a foul would be called. Forgot that play just another legend of mighty mouse. Always remember it kind of scared me on down time she would take in a deep breath and put her hands on her hands on her sides and it seemed liked her hands almost touched (so skinny).

What struck me about this 2018 team was the depth we had. In this game I just laughed are you kidding me Jenn coming in as the 4th big this game off the bench. Melody was a Freshman but played like a experienced player. Then we had Chandler, Laura, Jessie, and Katie as guards. Wow we had speed on that team Jessie, Katie, and Laura could all turn on the after jets getting down court.

Jill had serious hops back then, saw her get up high in the air and tip in a miss. She had a total of 3 offensive rebounds. This was the game after the Zags had upset Stanford in 2018.

So what was amazing in garbage time CLF had Zykera come off the bench score a couple of buckets layups, Katie had a layup, Jill had a 3 point play, all with Louise and Gillian on the floor. I can't remember but we must have had a small squad that year.

Its no wonder that even with Laura and Jill going down in the Semi Finals of the WCC tournament, we still won our first NCAA tournament game.

This game also reminds me of Sylean who was a humongous fan of Chandler. It was cool seeing Chandler sinking one of her patented pulled up jumpers in the lane and getting congratulated by Jill.
                  Last edited by ZAGS ATTACK BASKET; 02-10-2021, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• #12 Ohio St. lost to a TERRIBLE Wisconsin team tonight 75-70. Wow.

Comment

• So just to keep you up with the latest WCC Tournament talk a about. It was previously mentioned about having the top 4 teams only play in the WCC tournament in Vegas.

Where originally Mark Few was talking about opting out of the WCC tournament for the Zags. After his last game with BYU Mark Few is now leaning also towards the top 3 or 4 teams meeting in Spokane for the WCC tournament games. Reason being like 4 conferences are slated to have tournaments in Vegas and Few and Roth feel the risk is much greater for Covid in Vegas. Their was also a article from Utah talking with BYU coach Mark Pope. The article basically said Few carry's a big stick in the WCC and what he wants usually happens. Both Few and Pope basically said its all about getting as many wins in the NCAA tournament for the WCC because thats where the money is made for the university's and the WCC. Also it was mentioned other conferences are also evaluating their tournaments and also the risk of going to Vegas for their tournaments.

So odds are very high WCC tournament for MBB will take place in Spokane. Now lets switch to the WCC WBB they usually fall in line with what the WCC MBB does to some degree. So it would be a prudent guess that the WBB Zags also play in a top 4 teams WCC tournament. Will it take place in Spokane also? Well the WBB usually plays their tournament where the guys do so thats a possibility.

Remember though Mark Few wags the big tail. Even if the WCC WBB still play in Vegas it still should be limited to the top 4 teams. One must remember also WCC MBB is doing a terrible job avoiding Covid.

Just shedding this news because the news from the WCC WBB is always way behind the WCC MBB which wags the tail also. But as the WCC MBB goes so goes WCC WBB in very similar manner. This is a ongoing discussion with the WCC and coaches which the MBB coaches have been nice enough to keep us the fans updated on the discussions as they evolve (very cool).
                      Last edited by ZAGS ATTACK BASKET; 02-10-2021, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• SCU edged Portland by 1 today. Bumped UP down to 5th and SCU is 4th.

Top 3 are the same as last year. The more things change...

Comment

• Lots of games involving the Top-25 Today.

Right off the bat, #21 Northwestern gets pushed around by Rutgers and drops one at home 70-54. Playing in league is not easy no matter which league you play in.

Missouri is staying right with #1 South Carolina. The Gamecocks are on a 8-0 run to finally take a 4 point lead 34-30 with 3 minutes to go in the half.

#20 Kentucky is starting to pull away from #16 Tennessee 30-20 with 4:40 left in the 1st half.

ZagDad

Comment

• BYU thumping Pacific 55-27.

USD up on SMC 82-70 late in the game.

Comment

• WCC Tournament is Still On for Vegas

The WCC commish puts her foot down.
                              By Peter [email protected] Feb 12, 2021, 8:09am PST

The WCC Tournament suddenly became a topic of conversation this week thanks to a conversation from Mark Few on “Sportscenter with SVP.” Today, WCC commissioner Gloria Nevarez stamped out any potential confusion, reiterating that the WCC Tournament will take place in Vegas, as scheduled.

Comment

• Think the WCC Tournament might be a ongoing discussion for a couple of more weeks. With WCC MBB in disarray with Covid the above statement 3 weeks away from the tournament makes little sense. All parties need to keep a open mind, but remember the safety and welfare of their players should come first in making all decisions. If we learned anything during Covid is that things change from day to day, and you must remain flexible and keep a open mind.

Still think it would be wise to limit the tournament to the top 4 teams. First day #1 and #4 play, followed by #2 and #3 playing same day. For the WCC championship the two winners play each other the next day or two.

Comment

Working...
                                X