Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other WBB NCAA games

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wow,

    Huskies found their offense and upset Colorado 68-54.

    Pretty ugly game with lots of turnovers on both sides. Both teams kept throwing the ball to the other team.

    Colorado would work it inside for a layup and cut the lead down to 6-8 points and then UW would hit a couple of threes and extend the lead back out to double digits.

    Both Washington teams into the second round tomorrow in the Pac-12 tournament.

    ZagDad

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ZagDad84 View Post
      Wow,

      Huskies found their offense and upset Colorado 68-54.

      Pretty ugly game with lots of turnovers on both sides. Both teams kept throwing the ball to the other team.

      Colorado would work it inside for a layup and cut the lead down to 6-8 points and then UW would hit a couple of threes and extend the lead back out to double digits.

      Both Washington teams into the second round tomorrow in the Pac-12 tournament.

      ZagDad
      I started out watching this game. UW had as many TOs as FGA in Q1, that is just insane. Started out Q2 the same way so I had to quit watching. They must've turned it around as soon as I signed out. Well good for them. It's been an extremely trying 4 years under Wynn, but they occasionally have a performance like this and actually play like a decent team.

      You never know what's going to happen at the Pac 12 tourney. Is the WCC tourney often unpredictable (I know Portland's run to the title last year certainly wasn't expected)?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
        I started out watching this game. UW had as many TOs as FGA in Q1, that is just insane. Started out Q2 the same way so I had to quit watching. They must've turned it around as soon as I signed out. Well good for them. It's been an extremely trying 4 years under Wynn, but they occasionally have a performance like this and actually play like a decent team.

        You never know what's going to happen at the Pac 12 tourney. Is the WCC tourney often unpredictable (I know Portland's run to the title last year certainly wasn't expected)?
        I was like you and watched a little more than the first quarter and switched channels. I flipped back and saw the Huskies up 8 at half ???. Buffs came out in the second half and immediately went on a 6-0 run to get within 2. For the next quarter and a half it was a series of little runs with the Huskies taking it out to low double digits and the Buffs getting it down to 4-6 points and the process kept repeating. In between all of the little runs, both teams kept throwing the ball to one another.

        At the end of the game, the Huskies started hitting some 3s and forced Colorado to start shooting 3s. The Huskies made most of their 3s and the Buffs missed most of theirs. Game Over.

        I won't guarantee the following information as I already found a couple of errors in the Wikipedia listing, but here are the winners and runner-ups with their final conference finishing position in the ()'s. Remember that the conference added BYU in 2012, and Pacific in the 2012/2014 season.

        Tourn. Conf Conf.
        Year Winner (Stding) Loser (Stding)
        2008 USD (#3) Zags (#1)
        2009 Zag (#1) USD (#5)
        2010 Zag (#1) Pep (#3)
        2011 Zag (#1) SMC (#2)
        2012 BYU (#2) Zag (#1)
        2013 Zag (#!) USD (#2)
        2014 Zag (#1) BYU (#2)
        2015 BYU (#5) USF (#6)
        2016 USF (#6) BYU (#1)
        2017 Zag (#1) SMC (#3)
        2018 Zag (#1) USD (#6)
        2019 BYU (#2) Zag (#1)
        2020 Port (#4) USD (#2)

        Generally #1 or #2 seeds win the WCC tournament. Zags have only made the championship game when they are the #1 seed. Since the formation of the WCC tournament in its more recent form (1992) Gonzaga has won it 8 times (first in 2007), USF 4 times, BYU 3 times (but they have only been playing in it since 2013), USD, Pepperdine and SCU have also won it 3 times. Only Pacific has yet to win a modern version of the WCC Tournament.

        Since her first year as head coach of the Lady Zags, CLF has won the WCC conference championship 6 out of the 7 years. However she has only won the WCC tournament twice out of the previous 5 times she has won the conference championships. Hopefully she can even it up by winning this year's WCC tournament.

        ZagDad

        Comment


        • Thanks for putting that together ZagDad. So clearly 2015 was the "what happened?" year in the WCC tourney.

          Comment


          • Wife and I are headed to Vegas after the LMU game. Going to the UCLA NCAA tournament game at 8 PM tonight. My wife's nephew is on the UCLA WBB coaching staff. They're only allowing family of the players and staff into the venue, so looking forward to that.

            Good news my daughter Chelsey is playing today in the WCC first round! She's all fired up, so here's looking forward to her possibly having a break out performance....like I've seen her do before! [emoji3] Hopefully we make it at least a couple of games into the WCC tourney.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • Good luck Keith.

              Wishing Chelsey and the rest of LMU the best today.

              ZagDad

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ZagDad84 View Post
                Good luck Keith.

                Wishing Chelsey and the rest of LMU the best today.

                ZagDad
                Same here, will make the game more competitive!

                Comment


                • Oregon St. takes out Oregon for the second time in a few days. Q1 was absolutely horrid, worst combined shooting I've ever seen. But then both teams warmed up. Beavs went nuts w/ 31 in Q3 (most ever in a quarter in Pac 12 tourney history), Ducks had a valiant comeback attempt but came up short. Talia von Oelhoffen is a stud. Should be in high school still, has been w/ the team less than 2 months, been ballin' in Vegas (39 points in 2 games).

                  Comment


                  • Good so far CG3, 41-35 at the half for your Lions.

                    Comment


                    • Big Q3, LMU running away with it, now up 17.

                      Comment


                      • Seriously I told Chels I want her to have her first thirty point game today! She took me quite literally I see [emoji275][emoji91]


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • LMU 85-73 final. Congrats to Chelsey and her teammates.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
                            LMU 85-73 final. Congrats to Chelsey and her teammates.
                            Here, Here, great job Chelsey and the rest of the Lions.

                            In the NCAA there have been some upsets, near misses and some blow-outs and that is just in the morning session.

                            Still in regular season #8 Maryland blew out #12 Michigan 88-63. This is the second 20+ point blow-out in the last 2 games for Michigan. They lost 89-67 against unranked Iowa. Michigan still has one more regular season game against a decent Northwestern team before the Big-10 starts tournament play.

                            #17 Kentucky continued their up and down season. Kentucky needed a 27 point 4th quarter to overcome unranked and under 0.500 Florida 73-64.

                            As Seacatfan noted above, #19 Oregon was once again beaten by unranked Oregon State 71-64. This is Oregon's 5th loss in their last 6 games. Somewhere Sylean must be smiling.

                            #15 South Florida came out flat and was behind by 9 at halftime to unranked UCF and halfway through the 3rd UCF is still ahead by 9.

                            #4 Stanford is laying the hammer to USC, leading 77-38 with 7 minutes to go in the 4th.

                            ZagDad

                            Comment


                            • Stanford bench went nuts, starters got to sit out half the game. 2nd near 40 point losing margin for USC in the last 3 games. They have talent. Trakh is a terrible coach.

                              Comment


                              • #15 South Florida goes down to UCF 58-45.

                                Another chance for the Lady Zags to move up a spot or two in next week's polls.

                                Need to win the WCC tourney, but that mythical 4th seed may be available.

                                Just Win Baby.

                                ZagDad

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X