Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other WBB NCAA games

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by CG3Dad View Post
    So I need to stop turning games off midway through thinking it’s over.

    Case in point: #5 UCLA vs ASU.

    60-57 Final.

    Our local phenom Charisma Osborne has 27 points. Her and Chels came up playing together.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think Osborne might be working her way into being the front runner for Pac 12 POY. McDonald, Haley Jones and Onyenwere just haven't been consistent enough and Charisma has really been coming up big lately.

    Comment


    • #92
      Lots of games involving Top-25 Wbb teams today.

      #3 UConn actually looked like a #3 team absolutely hammering #17 Depaul 100-67. Depaul could not handle UConn's height and UConn got out on Depaul's 3-point shooters making it difficult for Depaul to shoot their uncontested 3s. Depaul has played some top notch competition, but other than a 93-91 loss to #13 Texas A&M in their first game of the season, Depaul has not been competitive in their games against ranked teams. They have lost their games against now #3 UConn by 23 points and 33 points respectively and lost to #5 (now #1) Louisville by 41 points.

      #8 Texas A&M is just starting to pull away from #22 Georgia 37-30 with just over 4-1/2 minutes left in the 3rd. #16 Indiana was down big to Michigan State at half, but a big 3rd quarter and a (so far) 4th quarter, Indiana is up 10 points with less than a minute to go in the 4th. Unranked Alabama had a 41-40 lead over #4 South Carolina at half, then the 2nd half started. South Carolina dominates the 2nd half and wins 87-63 limiting the crimson tide to only 22 2nd half points. #6 Stanford hammered the Huskies 74-48. How did the 4-8 Huskies end up with 4 Top-100 picks again?. #9 Baylor got revenge over unranked Iowa State in Ames by beating the Cyclones 85-77. #15 Kentucky had a knock down drag out fight with 0.500 Missouri before hitting their free throws to win 61-55. #19 Arkansas had a hangover from their victory over UConn and let unranked Auburn jump out to a 18-9 lead after the first quarter. Too bad they did not call the game at that point as Arkansas won each of the remaining 3 quarters to win 77-67. Finally, #20 Tennessee slowly pulled away from a 0.500 Florida team 79-65.

      Unfortunately the Covid bug strikes today's #10 Arizona vs #5 UCLA game, so it was postponed.

      ZagDad

      Comment


      • #93
        I watched the Stanford-Washington game. Huskies were missing 3 starters. At one point in the game they had 2 walk ons (one a practice squad player who was just activated for this game) and a former walk on all on the court together. They had no business staying within 40 or 50 points of Stanford, it was actually a fairly gutty performance for a team with a glaring lack of talent (and now depth). 'Furd jumped out 38-9 early in Q2 and then went to sleep for most of the rest of the game.

        Huskies went to the Final 4 in '16 and won 29 games and went to the Sweet 16 in '17. Coach Wynn has absolutely run the program into the ground. She needs to be fired, but I'm afraid she's going to get at least 1 more year (she was signed to a 6 year contract for reasons I cannot fathom so could possibly even have 2 years left after this one). I have zero hope she's ever going to get the program heading in a positive direction. Just about the only reason she won any games the previous 3 years was because of Amber Melgoza, a holdover recruit from the previous coach.



        And yet these horrible Huskies beat both BYU and Portland by about 30. I'm never gonna forget that.

        Comment


        • #94
          For those WCC fans,

          Portland hosts San Diego, February 1, 2021 (Monday) at 2:00 PM in Portland's only scheduled game this week.

          ZagDad

          Comment


          • #95
            Watching the USD vs Portland game.

            I did not realize that USD is in the top 5 in steals per game and turnovers created per game. They sure are showing it in the first half of the game versus the pilots.

            If you remember the first 5-6 minutes of the GUs 4th quarter against Pacific, that was Portland's entire first half. They had 21 (yes that reads 21) turnovers in the first half leading to 27 USD points.

            Yet Portland only behind 39-27 at half.

            Starting the 3rd quarter Pilots have the deficit down to 8, 44-36.

            ZagDad

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by ZagDad84 View Post
              Watching the USD vs Portland game.

              I did not realize that USD is in the top 5 in steals per game and turnovers created per game. They sure are showing it in the first half of the game versus the pilots.

              If you remember the first 5-6 minutes of the GUs 4th quarter against Pacific, that was Portland's entire first half. They had 21 (yes that reads 21) turnovers in the first half leading to 27 USD points.

              Yet Portland only behind 39-27 at half.

              Starting the 3rd quarter Pilots have the deficit down to 8, 44-36.

              ZagDad
              Portland tied the game up heading into the 4th quarter, but USD outscored them by 7 in the final frame.

              Who wants to be #3 in the WCC? UP, SCU and USD in the running.

              Comment


              • #97
                This week's game of the year is just getting going between #1 Louisville and #4 NC State.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
                  Portland tied the game up heading into the 4th quarter, but USD outscored them by 7 in the final frame.

                  Who wants to be #3 in the WCC? UP, SCU and USD in the running.
                  Portland turned things around in the 3rd quarter and early in the fourth quarter getting as much as a 5 point lead. The last half of the 4th quarter, USD picked up the pressure and the Pilots resorted to turning the ball over again.

                  Portland ended up with 31(!!!) turnovers resulting in 35 points for the Toreros. Andrews had 8 T/Os, Frawley had 6 T/0s, Fowler had 4 T/Os and so on and so on...... Wash, rinse, repeat. The Portland guards particularly looked like a middle school team at times today.

                  That was the game folks.

                  ZagDad

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by ZagDad84 View Post
                    Portland turned things around in the 3rd quarter and early in the fourth quarter getting as much as a 5 point lead. The last half of the 4th quarter, USD picked up the pressure and the Pilots resorted to turning the ball over again.

                    Portland ended up with 31(!!!) turnovers resulting in 35 points for the Toreros. Andrews had 8 T/Os, Frawley had 6 T/0s, Fowler had 4 T/Os and so on and so on...... Wash, rinse, repeat. The Portland guards particularly looked like a middle school team at times today.

                    That was the game folks.

                    ZagDad
                    How in the world were they even in the game, turning it over more than 30 times? USD must not have played all that well other than forcing TOs. Barely over a point scored per TO is not a good ratio at all.

                    Comment


                    • Louisville-NC State was tied after Q1. Turned UGLY in Q2, neither team could throw it in the ocean, lots of TOs. 29-25 Wolfpack at the half. I keep watching games, and I can't find anybody worthy of being ranked #1 this season.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
                        Louisville-NC State was tied after Q1. Turned UGLY in Q2, neither team could throw it in the ocean, lots of TOs. 29-25 Wolfpack at the half. I keep watching games, and I can't find anybody worthy of being ranked #1 this season.
                        It certainly does not look like the #1 and #4 teams on the court today.

                        ZagDad

                        Comment


                        • Dana Evans is showing up big time but the rest of Louisville is AWOL. NC State about to pull off the rare feat of beating two #1 ranked teams in the same season.

                          Comment


                          • 74-60, no doubts about this one. NC State definitely was the better team today.

                            Comment


                            • What is it with the lack of offense today among the ranked teams:

                              #1 Louisville vs #4 NC State at half NC State lead 29 - 25
                              #11 Ohio State vs #22 Northwestern at half Northwestern leads 32 - 25

                              Only one out of 4 ranked teams could hit 30 points at half.

                              ZagDad

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ZagDad84 View Post
                                What is it with the lack of offense today among the ranked teams:

                                #1 Louisville vs #4 NC State at half NC State lead 29 - 25
                                #11 Ohio State vs #22 Northwestern at half Northwestern leads 32 - 25

                                Only one out of 4 ranked teams could hit 30 points at half.

                                ZagDad
                                I know many of the games I've watched, generally poor shooting and/or poorly run offense. I know it's been a weird season but it seems like teams still aren't approaching mid season form.

                                Northwestern about to knock of Ohio St.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X