No announcement yet.

Other WBB NCAA games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another interesting game just go started, UConn vs Marquette. UConn is 12-1, 10-0 in the Big East and Marquette is 12-2 9-1 in the Big East.

Can Marquette give UConn a game?

Stay Tuned

ZagDad

Comment

• Originally posted by ZagDad84 View Post
      Another interesting game just go started, UConn vs Marquette. UConn is 12-1, 10-0 in the Big East and Marquette is 12-2 9-1 in the Big East.

Can Marquette give UConn a game?

Stay Tuned

ZagDad
      Early on the answer is yes.

Comment

• SDSU is smokin' USD. 54-33 thru Q3. Coyotes didn't bring their offense with them apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
          Early on the answer is yes.
          Never mind, UConn running away.

Not really looking like they are going to be challenged in the Big East any more than they were in the AAC.

Comment

• Bueckers is just getting warmed up for UConn, seems like she's been scoring at will lately. Will Geno let her go wild, or try to reign her in? I don't know that he's ever had a Freshman scoring the way she is doing so her early in her career.

Comment

• Geno must be shorthanded, he's only gone 6 deep in a blowout thru 3 quarters. Bueckers has 30 on 12-16 shooting and 6-8 behind the arc. I have a feeling I'm gonna be ready for her to go pro long before she's eligible...

Comment

• It's bizarro day in the Pac 12. Stanford nearly blew a 23 point lead and had to hang on for yet another nail biter against Colorado. Card just doesn't seem to have it mentally, they can't stay focused.

Cal had a lightly regarded high schooler graduate early and make her college debut tonight, she casually dropped 20 points. I guess college isn't that hard. Wasn't enough, lost to Utah, still on pace to have a winless season.

A halfway decent USC team has their hands completely full with a bad Washington team going on currently.

Comment

It's bizarro day in the Pac 12. Stanford nearly blew a 23 point lead and had to hang on for yet another nail biter against Colorado. Card just doesn't seem to have it mentally, they can't stay focused.

Cal had a lightly regarded high schooler graduate early and make her college debut tonight, she casually dropped 20 points. I guess college isn't that hard. Wasn't enough, lost to Utah, still on pace to have a winless season.

A halfway decent USC team has their hands completely full with a bad Washington team going on currently.
                  I see that Colorado scores 26 points in the first 3 quarters and then scores 28 points in the 4th quarter.

Stanford did not take their foot off the gas, they were pumping the brakes.

ZagDad

Comment

• Huskies led most of the way but fell apart down the stretch. They're probably gonna lose out the rest of the way and finish w/ 1 conference win, over the even more hapless Cal Bears. The Jody Wynn era is a failure.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZagDad84 View Post
                      I see that Colorado scores 26 points in the first 3 quarters and then scores 28 points in the 4th quarter.

Stanford did not take their foot off the gas, they were pumping the brakes.

ZagDad
                      Yeah, something just seems off with them. Haley Jones looked great to start the season but I get less impressed with her every time I watch her play. Kiana Williams is pretty hot and cold. Lexie had a rare bad game, didn't score, but Lacie picked up some of the slack w/ 9, way above her average. Cameron Brink is an intriguing player, she has such long arms she swats and changes a bunch of shots, hauls in rebounds.

Comment

Yeah, something just seems off with them. Haley Jones looked great to start the season but I get less impressed with her every time I watch her play. Kiana Williams is pretty hot and cold. Lexie had a rare bad game, didn't score, but Lacie picked up some of the slack w/ 9, way above her average. Cameron Brink is an intriguing player, she has such long arms she swats and changes a bunch of shots, hauls in rebounds.
                        Brink's definitely an intriguing talent. Really long levers but good quickness to go along with the skill. When she's challenged a bit of an edge seems to emerge. She's doesn't seem too vocal but you can see the intensity and focus rise. At least that's what I think I see the handful of times I have seen 'Furd this season. Anyway, fun player to watch.

Comment

Dang, I hate injuries, sorry.

USD up 7 w/ about 20 seconds left.

USF beat SMC by 27 and Pacific beat SCU by 24 (they were up by 38 heading into the 4th quarter).
                          Yes Seacat fan, Higgins only played 22 minutes... left game for good in 3rd Quarter, still put up 20, 10 boards and was 8/9 FG; McDavid played only 13 minutes, did not play up to par... but she has been having a good game and some so so ones. Not sure if anything is wrong; just the weird start and lack of practice time during the virus-breaks. Randhawa played 22 minutes; 4-7 FG and 3-5 from downtown and 4-4 at the line. First two tiers; i.e. Players 1-8 played most of the first 3 quarters with a few of the sophs thrown in and a frosh for a few minutes. Up 75-38 after 3; well, tier 3, players 9-15 played most of the minutes. Frosh guard who got in 16 minutes managed to foul out, so Senior G Tillman played a minute or so in the 4th. Taking Higgins (1-2 on threes), Tillman's 0-1 and Randhawa's (3-5) on threes out of the team totals are sophomore, Frosh guards and our Work in progress at Center, were 9-16 from downtown; overall the team shot 31-52 from the floor. That was Santa Clara's first game on their home floor. Up until now, they have been playing in Santa Cruz (Cal St @ SC).... This week I think it was the first they had practiced there since early on....... NOW DO NOT get me started on this "covid thing"...
                          IMO, Davis (Pacific's Coach)... decided during the second shut down... that the year was basically going to be lost, and decided with his team...I think he leans towards being a "Players Coach" ; that they would try to put a good product on the floor; but try to build a team for Next Season. We have at least 1 Senior who has not played a minute yet. I think she might have traveled with the team...but didn't suit up. I bet she will be back next year. Others have started to play, like our JUNIOR gal from France, 6'2" and can guard people... had her best game at the end of last year (Points/Rebounds/stops)... played her FIRST 9 minutes of the year in this Santa Clara game. We play @ SF, @ Portland, and host BYU and San Diego in our next 4 games. All of these teams are playing better...we'll see how we compete. I hope this explains are UP and Down games... the more we practice and play; I think the team will improve. But they have a big hole to 'climb out of' ..... I hope we can take down BYU at home.

Comment

• Today's WCC wrap up:

BYU 69
                            LMU 50

SCU 75
                            SMC 64

USD 70
                            Pepperdine 45

USF 75
                            Pacific 67

Upper half and lower half are really separating. And so much for Pepperdine avoiding blowouts. Fell to 0-11 in conference w/ the L today.

Comment

• Well it's not quite half and half. 6 over .500 in conference and 4 below .500. Zags are 4 up in the win column and 2 up in the loss column over BYU, nobody else close (USD also has 2 Ls but only 5 Ws).

Comment

• Couple of scores from the WCC today Pepperdine finally got hammered by team in the WCC and it was San Diego 70-45.

BYU beat LMU 69-50 but the game was never close.

San Diego stock soaring today, LMU stock declining.

LMU only had 8 players and it seemed like they were only playing 7 of them for the most part. Have to feel for Pepperdine also think it was 2002 when they won the conference and the WCC tournament. Present time winless in the WCC ouch thats rough.

Comment

Working...
                                X