COVID Pause for Lady Zags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID Pause for Lady Zags

BREAKING: Gonzaga's WBB team is on a Covid pause. They will not play their games against San Francisco and LMU this week.

Courtney Vandersloot's jersey ceremony was supposed to happen at GU's game against USF on Thursday. The program is now looking for a date to reschedule.

per Brenna Greene, via twitter

WBB Press Release: https://gozags.com/news/2021/12/27/w...le-update.aspx
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Greg Heister mentioned this during the game today (GU vs weak sauce Alabama). Can I pray this does not affect our men's team? My entire CBB life revolves around this team, meaning I postpone other things.
    The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

Talked to someone today who is in daily contact with the women's team. There were active cases, both on the coaching staff and with players. Everyone associated with the team is fully vaccinated, so the symptoms were mild. Even with the change of only having to quarantine for 5 days, it's a blow to athletic teams, as we are seeing, not only Gonzaga, but with other schools. The rescheduling is going to be a bear. Hopefully, all will be healthy and ready to hit the court in as short a time as possible.

Comment

Working...
      X