• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Miller out, Tommy ... Arizona thread

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...339631620?s=20

From Jeff Goodman:

BREAKING: Arizona has parted ways with Sean Miller, sources told
    @Stadium
    . Spent 12 years at UA, had one year left on contract.

Miller was charged with head coach responsibility for failure to promote atmosphere of compliance. Administration stuck by Miller for 4 years.
    Gotta imagine we'll know soon enough about Lloyd...

Hope Tommy stays but couldn't blame him for leaving. Good luck to him!

Comment

humiliating finality to all of this Miller BS at Arizona, after 4 years.......

looking forward to the AZ and Miller defenders' spin on this. Miller is somehow the victim, right, and AZ too?

Comment

I am really surprised it took them this long to fire him.

So now the Tommy watch is ticking, will we know by Friday if he stays or goes?

Also, if Tommy gets hired at Arizona do you think the Zag game against them gets canceled for the up coming season?

Comment

My take is that Damon Stoudamire will likely get it. He has done a good job at Pacific and is an Arizona alum. Maybe Lloyd gets an interview.

Comment

I'd be shocked if Tommy doesn't take the job. I can think of about 20 million reasons he'd go.

Comment

Originally posted by zagfan1 View Post
              My take is that Damon Stoudamire will likely get it. He has done a good job at Pacific and is an Arizona alum. Maybe Lloyd gets an interview.
              I agree, I thought it would be Damon all along. He's done a good job at Pacific, considering what he inherited, and how hard it must be to recruit to Stockton and against Gonzaga. He's also been through the NCAA wringer when it comes to compliance. All in all, a better choice for Arizona, no disrespect to Tommy.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaSERE View Post
                I'd be shocked if Tommy doesn't take the job. I can think of about 20 million reasons he'd go.
                Is Arizona in the clear when it comes to NCAA violations?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                  I agree, I thought it would be Damon all along. He's done a good job at Pacific, considering what he inherited, and how hard it must be to recruit to Stockton and against Gonzaga. He's also been through the NCAA wringer when it comes to compliance. All in all, a better choice for Arizona, no disrespect to Tommy.
                  I agree. Damon would be a good hire. And again, no disrespect to Tommy.

Comment

Originally posted by katman50 View Post
                    I agree. Damon would be a good hire. And again, no disrespect to Tommy.
                    Is Arizona really offering the job to a candidate with no significant head coaching experience (feel free to educate me if I am wrong here)? This is Arizona we are talking about.

I know Tommy is great but that seems odd to me.

Even with the sanctions...this is ARIZONA.

Comment

Originally posted by deathchina View Post
                      Is Arizona really offering the job to a candidate with no significant head coaching experience (feel free to educate me if I am wrong here)? This is Arizona we are talking about.

I know Tommy is great but that seems odd to me.

Even with the sanctions...this is ARIZONA.
                      I can just see the comments from Arizona fans, after our shellacking by Baylor.

Comment

Originally posted by SwainZag View Post
                        Is Arizona in the clear when it comes to NCAA violations?
                        Doubtful. That's why I'd expect a long term contract

Comment

https://arizonasports.com/story/1445...-ncaa-charges/

Comment

A telling comment:

According to an earlier report of the Notice of Allegations (NOA) from The Athletic’s Seth Davis and Sports Illustrated’s Pat Forde, the NCAA said Arizona “compromised the integrity of the investigation and failed to cooperate.”
                            Arizona is going to get HAMMERED. Contract for new coach needs to be 5-6 years. Anything less just won't cut it.

Comment

Another thing to look at is Tommy's son plays for Grand Canyon in AZ. Would be nice to have that proximity for family reasons.
                              America's Team!

Comment

Working...
                              X