OT - Coach K Grandson & Banchero charged with DUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    When Dook’s crisis management pros get done, you’ll feel sorry for the players.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

What a stupid ass law. If Banchero is out for this BS after I spent a few thou to go to Vegas for the game I’m going to be pissed.
      "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Originally posted by CarolinaZagFan View Post
        What a stupid ass law. If Banchero is out for this BS after I spent a few thou to go to Vegas for the game I’m going to be pissed.
        If that's all it takes for you to be pissed and regret the trip, you should reconsider attending in the first place.

Comment

We find out what "K" is made of. Royalty has privilege does it not? Is Banchero 21? Shouldn't be.
          One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

Originally posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
            If that's all it takes for you to be pissed and regret the trip, you should reconsider attending in the first place.
            Because I want to see the game as it was billed with the Top 2 picks in the draft going head-to-head? And not see the Zags spank a Paolo-less Duke by 20+ points?
            "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Can’t imagine Paolo is out for the Gonzaga game on this charge.

Comment

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
                Maybe Dook can book two or 3 exhibition games this weekend. That seems to work just fine.

Comment

Exactly. ESPN would throw a hissy fit. If he gets benched for the cupcake games that's probably enough punishment.
                  The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

I agree, he's for sure playing in this one

Comment

Can someone explain 'aiding and embedding a DWI' when ur a backseat passenger?

Did he have an open bottle? Did he assume the other kid was sober?

The driver blew a .08 (right at legal limit).

This seems like a charge that Paolo will get dropped.

Is this more like a type of warning?

Comment

https://www.heraldsun.com/news/local...255859446.html

WHAT IS AIDING AND ABETTING? In 1999, the North Carolina Supreme Court wrote in State v. Goode that “a person is not guilty of a crime merely because he is present at the scene even though he may silently approve of the crime or secretly intend to assist in its commission.” To be guilty of aiding and abetting, the person “must aid or actively encourage the person committing the crime or in some way communicate to this person his intention to assist in its commission.” ▪ The communication or intent to aid in the crime does not have to be said in words.

Read more at: https://www.heraldsun.com/news/local...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Originally posted by Therunner View Post

Stupid old law that I’ve never seen charged before. Assuming the officer that pulled them is a ######bag UNC fan (most are) and just wanted Banchero’s name on the report.

Comment

No idea, but hes still under 21 and presumably was also intoxicated which won't be lost when suspension comes down. Would be ironic for him to return for Vegas, sin city afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by Therunner View Post

If he’s underage, I’m not sure the same threshold applies.

Comment

Driver was under 21, so the limit is not .08. The driver blew .08 exactly.

Paolo got hit with a low level misdemeanor and was released at the scene. I don’t know North Carolina law but it at least seems possible they were driving Paolo’s car. Could be making it tough on him since he’s underage but honestly the most likely scenario I can come up with was it was a UNC grad cop. Not trying to make light of it but it’s pretty unheard of to get in trouble in Paolo’s case here I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X