OT - Coach K Grandson & Banchero charged with DUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Driver was under 21, so the limit is not .08. The driver blew .08 exactly.

Paolo got hit with a low level misdemeanor and was released at the scene. I don’t know North Carolina law but it at least seems possible they were driving Paolo’s car. Could be making it tough on him since he’s underage but honestly the most likely scenario I can come up with was it was a UNC grad cop. Not trying to make light of it but it’s pretty unheard of to get in trouble in Paolo’s case here I think.
    The reason the law was created, I assume, was because drivers and passengers often switched seats. That may have been the case here, and the officer may have suspected as much.

Comment

Originally posted by ZagLogic View Post
      No idea, but hes still under 21 and presumably was also intoxicated which won't be lost when suspension comes down. Would be ironic for him to return for Vegas, sin city afterall.
      Paolo turned 19 four days ago

Comment

A friend of mine was charged with aiding and abetting a DUI in WA. His buddy got busted for DUI and after he was released, this guy drove him back to pick up his car while he was still drunk. One got a DUI and the other got aiding and abetting. Let’s wait to see what the police report says about the circumstances.

I would hate for our upcoming victory vs Dook to be “tainted” by Paolo’s absence.

ZZ

Comment

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
          The reason the law was created, I assume, was because drivers and passengers often switched seats. That may have been the case here, and the officer may have suspected as much.
          The tip-off? The grandson’s feet didn’t reach the pedals…

Comment

The criminal charge of aiding and abetting DWI in North Carolina applies when (a) someone knowingly aids, advises, encourages, or instigates another person to operate a motor vehicle while intoxicated, and (b) the motorist commits the crime of DWI as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
              You think a 6’10” guy is climbing over the seats undetected by the officer with his lights on behind them?

Comment

You think a 6’10” guy is climbing over the seats undetected by the officer with his lights on behind them?
                Happens all the time. Now, as for his size, you probably have a valid point.

Comment

could have been driving this...everything is bigger at DOOK )

body cam will tell all

Comment

Wait, Banchero the only other guy in his vehicle beside driver? From the report, it sounds like it.

Why in the backseat by himself?

That, alone, is as odd as the charge...

Comment

In North Carolina it is illegal for those under 21 to drive with any alcohol in their blood, the only legal BAC in North Carolina if 0.00%.

I suspect in North Carolina even if you have not been drinking if you are riding a vehicle with someone who has been drinking you can be charged with aiding

and abetting because you did not stop them from driving.
                      The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Comment

What does ‘aiding and abetting DWI’ mean? The charge explained.

If you’re just learning that aiding and abetting DWI is against the law in North Carolina, here’s an explanation of what it means — and some scenarios when it might happen.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/does-aidi...161405690.html

Comment

What charges do Duke basketball duo face in Orange County? Here are the police documents.

Aiding and abetting a DWI in North Carolina can be charged when a person knowingly turns over their own vehicle to someone who is impaired or fails to prevent an impaired person from getting behind the wheel.

Banchero was / is the registered owner of the vehicle.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/charges-d...170706620.html

Comment

He’ll play against GU. Duke will investigate themselves and find nothing wrong… again

Comment

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
                              He’ll play against GU. Duke will investigate themselves and find nothing wrong… again
                              I'd be super bummed if he didn't play vs GU. Match up with Timme.

This odd aiding and embedding charge will be dropped eventually, and feel Paolo deserves a 1-game suspension as a reminder to be more aware, send message, be smarter with yourself, then move on.

Comment

Perkins was suspended for two games for dui, even though he was not actively in the process of driving. I’d say 2 games for the star, and 4 for the walk-on.

On a side note, if Few had been hit with a dui in-season, between games, I suspect the punishment would have been greater. It’s about circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                                X