Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - Coach K Grandson & Banchero charged with DUI

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
    Banchero playing tonight
    It seems like suspending him now would have been a better move so they'd be more likely to have him against GU. This tells me that they might not even plan on suspending him at all.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
      It seems like suspending him now would have been a better move so they'd be more likely to have him against GU. This tells me that they might not even plan on suspending him at all.
      They’re treating it like a ticket and it basically was. Not getting suspended which is fine imo.

      Comment


      • #63
        - gu suspended josh perkins for being intoxicated and sitting in a parked car. that seemed fair.....to me.
        - in this case banchero was probably wasted (yes a guess) but plays into the narrative as old as alcohol and automobiles and teenagers, hey dude i'm wasted you drive my car. (police report says the car was banchero's)
        - this is a slam dunk abetting a dwi and duke will do what it will do, which is probably nothing, and if so once again gu culture tops duke culture.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
          They’re treating it like a ticket and it basically was. Not getting suspended which is fine imo.
          I don’t know enough about the actual circumstances but it really seems like people were just pushing the don’t jump to conclusions and just move on and let the school handle this private matter on something more serious, by a more mature individual, with a lot more trust and responsibility placed on them. And I am not saying those people were wrong, just that maybe it’s best to practice what a significant portion of the board was preaching recently.

          And as far as the charge against Paola, even if true, it should result in a penalty about one-twelfth as severe as the penalty for program’s head coach that actually gets a DUI. So, Duke should sit him out for ten minutes to of an exhibition or scrimmage or something important like that.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
            They’re treating it like a ticket and it basically was. Not getting suspended which is fine imo.
            It’s not just like a ticket. It’s a misdemeanor. Might even be a gross misdemeanor.

            Comment


            • #66
              Jazz, pretty sure you said something along the lines of "Now, watch how the best of the best handle this situation." And "Ham handed vs caviar" Clearing implying that Dook would / will handle the PR side of this far better than GU did regarding Coach Few.

              Swing and a miss. If you think this statement to the media / public is handling it better than at GU, I just don't know what to say...

              What Coach K said about his grandson’s arrest and the charge facing Paolo Banchero

              “We had a violation of our standards,” Krzyzewski said following Tuesday night’s game that saw his Blue Devils beat Gardner-Webb, 92-52. “We’ll handle that internally. We’re already handling it. It’s a violation of our standards and that’s it.”

              https://www.yahoo.com/news/coach-k-s...030407974.html

              While it's a terrible situation for both events, Coach Few and the Dook players, I am not ashamed of how GU and Coach Few handled their situation.

              Comment


              • #67
                Thought coach K's comments post game were pretty embarrassing.

                When I was in high school I got in trouble for doing some stupid stuff while wearing my high school basketball hoodie. Coach came in to practice, made the whole team run a ton to get them pissed at me, then had me come in during lunches and clean all the backboards on a ladder with warm vinegar.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Spike#1 View Post
                  Jazz, pretty sure you said something along the lines of "Now, watch how the best of the best handle this situation." And "Ham handed vs caviar" Clearing implying that Dook would / will handle the PR side of this far better than GU did regarding Coach Few.

                  Swing and a miss. If you think this statement to the media / public is handling it better than at GU, I just don't know what to say...

                  What Coach K said about his grandson’s arrest and the charge facing Paolo Banchero

                  “We had a violation of our standards,” Krzyzewski said following Tuesday night’s game that saw his Blue Devils beat Gardner-Webb, 92-52. “We’ll handle that internally. We’re already handling it. It’s a violation of our standards and that’s it.”

                  https://www.yahoo.com/news/coach-k-s...030407974.html

                  While it's a terrible situation for both events, Coach Few and the Dook players, I am not ashamed of how GU and Coach Few handled their situation.
                  You missed my point. They handled it better for them. Minimal blowback, buried the story, relied on cozy media to go along. Totally opaque because they can. A bit apples and oranges, however. Famed head coach vs star one and done and scrub with a name.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                    You missed my point. They handled it better for them. Minimal blowback, buried the story, relied on cozy media to go along. Totally opaque because they can. A bit apples and oranges, however. Famed head coach vs star one and done and scrub with a name.

                    More like apples and trash.
                    Bonjour tristesse.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                      You missed my point. They handled it better for them. Minimal blowback, buried the story, relied on cozy media to go along. Totally opaque because they can. A bit apples and oranges, however. Famed head coach vs star one and done and scrub with a name.



                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                      - Gandalf the Grey

                      ________________________________



                      Foo Time

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        I can recall when Grayson Allen, the Duke's star guard, was suspended indefinitely after tripping an opponent who was driving to the basket in a game against Elon in December 2017. It was his third offense, after tripping players from Louisville and Florida State the previous season.

                        His 'indefinite' suspension turned out to be one game.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by daskim View Post
                          I can recall when Grayson Allen, the Duke's star guard, was suspended indefinitely after tripping an opponent who was driving to the basket in a game against Elon in December 2017. It was his third offense, after tripping players from Louisville and Florida State the previous season.

                          His 'indefinite' suspension turned out to be one game.
                          That's what I'm talking about. There was some hand wringing by the CBB media, but went away in 48 hours.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-have-moved-on

                            Duke freshman forward Paolo Banchero, speaking for the first time since he was charged with aiding and abetting impaired driving during a Nov. 14 incident that involved teammate Michael Savarino, said Monday night that the Blue Devils "all learned from it" and have "moved on."

                            "My teammates had my back, so it wasn't too hard for me,'' Banchero said after scoring a career-high 28 points in Monday's 107-81 win over The Citadel. "I'm not going to say it wasn't on my mind the past two games. It was. I feel like today was a bounce-back game for me and I felt good out there.''
                            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

                            “They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by daskim View Post
                              I can recall when Grayson Allen, the Duke's star guard, was suspended indefinitely after tripping an opponent who was driving to the basket in a game against Elon in December 2017. It was his third offense, after tripping players from Louisville and Florida State the previous season.

                              His 'indefinite' suspension turned out to be one game.
                              Two words: Alex Caruso
                              History has its eyes on you.

                              Sage of the GU Message Board

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X