OT - Coach K Grandson & Banchero charged with DUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Coach K Grandson & Banchero charged with DUI

Well THIS ought be interesting, especially with all the badmouthing of Few from certain "pristine" areas of college fandom:

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...255858341.html

Two Duke basketball players face charges in Orange County following a driving while impaired arrest early Sunday morning. According to court records, Michael Savarino, Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski’s grandson, was arrested for DWI while star freshman Paolo Banchero is charged with aiding and abetting DWI. The N.C. Highway Patrol made the arrests in Orange County.

Read more at: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...#storylink=cpy
    EDIT: Mods can you change the title to "Grandson" instead of "son" please?

Now, watch how the best of the best handle this situation. You won't even see their hands moving.

Comment

How the heck can you aid and abet a DWI????I gotta look this up first I have ever heard of this type of charge for dwi

Update. Ok new law in 2018.
      Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
        How the heck can you aid and abet a DWI????I gotta look this up first I have ever heard of this type of charge for dwi
        Maybe Banchero wasn't intoxicated but let a drunk Savarino drive him around?

Comment

Duke has 3 no names scheduled between today and when we play them in Vegas. Look for any suspension of Banchero to be quick and done during the next three games at the most... just a thought.
          GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

Well this at least nullifies the "DUI" chants from the Duke fans when they play the Zags

Comment

See, it's already been buried for 2 full days.

Comment

Wasn't even planning on watching the Dook game tonite, but now I have a reason to.
                The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                  Now, watch how the best of the best handle this situation. You won't even see their hands moving.
                  We already did that, locally.
                  Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                    Ain't that the truth, Jazz.
                    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

We could do a predictions thread for this:
                      1. Bancheros out for the Gonzaga game
                      2. 3 game suspension or less- which means he’s back in time for our game
                      3. Duke says something along the lines of “he’s innocent until proven guilty and so we will wait until he’s had his day in court (December) before deciding punishment” - he plays in Vegas
                      4. Other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by gueastcoast View Post
                        Ain't that the truth, Jazz.
                        When Dook’s crisis management pros get done, you’ll feel sorry for the players.

Comment

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                          We already did that, locally.
                          Ham handed vs caviar. Watch and see.

Comment

Interesting detail
                            His mother is Coach K's oldest daughter and an assistant athletics director at Duke.
                            https://abc11.com/duke-basketball-pl...dson/11242452/

reading you don’t have to be in car to be charged with aiding and abetting

Comment

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
                              Well THIS ought be interesting, especially with all the badmouthing of Few from certain "pristine" areas of college fandom:
                              Coaches should be held to different standards than student athletes. There's nothing our fanbase should be doing to defend Coach Few's actions, and the issue is resolved and should die with his plea deal and public apology. I suspect that's one fanbase that might think twice about heckling Few on the issue though...

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post

Update. Ok new law in 2018.
                              1. Get into a car with a drunk driver,
                              2. Be a 5 star recruit for Duke,
                              3. Get stopped by an officer who is from Chapel Hill.
                              Originally posted by Reborn
                              Go Zags!!!
                              Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

Working...
                              X