Marcus Carr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcus Carr

Rumors flying that Marcus Carr will be leaving Texas, and they lost top-50 freshman Jaylon Tyson to the portal a few days ago.

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
    Rumors flying that Marcus Carr will be leaving Texas, and they lost top-50 freshman Jaylon Tyson to the portal a few days ago.
    if he's gone...i highly doubt going to another school...time to turn pro

Comment

Now hearing Christian Bishop too. Sounding like a dumpster fire.

Comment

Now hearing Christian Bishop too. Sounding like a dumpster fire.
        terrible news for our quality win

Comment

we recruited Marcus Carr behind the scenes this off-season

Comment

Sources or link? Thanks!

Comment

Smoke from the Twittersphere....

https://twitter.com/search?q=marcus%...d_click&f=live

Comment

Both Carr and Bishop are still at Texas and both playing today

Comment

Originally posted by Mvzags View Post
                  And well.

Comment

Could have just been a bunch of smoke and no fire, who knows!

Comment

So they were vaping?
                      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Mvzags View Post
                        A cynical take I do not actually believe but certainly possible in this new world of college athletics: Maybe Carr and Bishop got the Twitter rumors flowing just to create leverage for insisting U of Texas step up their NIL opportunities for MBB players…..get me more $ if you want me to stay here.

I am all for immediate eligibility for transfers and some kind of compensation beyond tuition, room & board but NIL income for players sure changes things on the recruiting front. Gotta demonstrate to prospects they can earn ‘x’ amount via NIL deals at __ university and opportunities for such will be greater than at that other school recruiting you. Best players will go to the highest NIL bidders now?
                        Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                          A cynical take I do not actually believe but certainly possible in this new world of college athletics: Maybe Carr and Bishop got the Twitter rumors flowing just to create leverage for insisting U of Texas step up their NIL opportunities for MBB players…..get me more $ if you want me to stay here.

I am all for immediate eligibility for transfers and some kind of compensation beyond tuition, room & board but NIL income for players sure changes things on the recruiting front. Gotta demonstrate to prospects they can earn ‘x’ amount via NIL deals at __ university and opportunities for such will be greater than at that other school recruiting you. Best players will go to the highest NIL bidders now?
                          The amount of money UT boosters are throwing down for all sports under NIL is mind boggling. Texas & Texas A&M are now recruiting behemoth’s which is terrible news for a large number of universities across the country.

Comment

Working...
                          X