Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/21/14 NCAAs Ok State v Zags Game Thread

TV: TNT

Radio: IN SPOKANE ON KGA 1510 AM/101.1 KEYF-FM * KWIQ-AM 1020 (Moses Lake, Wash.) ● KUIK-AM 1360 (Portland, Ore.) ● KIXI-AM 880 (Seattle, Wash.) ● KMAS-AM 1230 (Shelton, Wash.) * KFOE-AM 1240 (St. Maries, Idaho) ● ESPN 1490 (Walla Walla, Wash.) ● KKRT-AM 900 (Wenatchee, WA)

Tipoff: 1:40pm PDT
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

Go zags

Comment

Getting nervous! About a half hour until game time. Go Zags! Sending healing messages to Pangos' toe.
        Oregon Zag

Comment

the toe is good to go...

for today. Against AZ is what I'm thinking is/could/might be the no-real-pangos situation.

Comment

Violette says (in pre game radio show) we're gonna win it inside BUT Kp HAS to hunt and shoot early and often to open up the inside and make OK have to adjust to him. Run and jump with this team will NOT be our strong suit. GU has to make sure the tempo is ours. take the shots you want.

I think GBj & DS hold keys to success, too, and they involve keeping OK from leaving them to double up on SD, PK or KP. That means drive and drive and drive and drive.
            Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
            Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
            Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

Few (on hudson pregame)
              TH: feels like been an eternity since byu.
              MF: great culmination of the whole league to romp thru them. never had 18 games in league before. heck of an accomplishment

TH: 16th straight ncaa. it's a streak ..
              MF: it is. we are in rarified air, duke, KS and Mich st are the other three besides us. we don't take it for granted. It's a shame if some do because its very very difficult to get there. look around, out west. (It, we, this situation is) pretty cool.

TH: OK St. ?
              MF: well I think they have 3 pros ability-wise w/marcus, brown and nash. this year more than any he's (I think he's talking about Smart, but maybe Nash) dialed in and he's dangerous. they can go get their own shot. They don't need a screen. That makes em tough. The team in pre season spent alot of time in top five before the incident with Marcus and the string of (7) losses.

TH: size and athleticism?
              MF: yeah. size advantage. but if they flood the backside, which is what they do, we'll see. we're going to try and go inside and exploit our strength.If we're in the gaps and do a good job on forte (like johnny Dee) and do best we can containing other three . . . (MF did not complete the sentence so i will . . . "we can kick their sorry a$$es.!)

TH: here are some stats
              OKst_ averages 80.2 ppg
              GU fg %: 49.8%

CV gives another D and O assessment:
              "GU D has to make OK take shots they don't want. eliminate highlight dunks and easy bunnies. Got to limit and make them uyse their mid range and threes out of character and we are right in there.

On O: We need to move the ball around and make sure we are in control and how much up and down you want and Control that tempo."

start 1:56p
              Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
              Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”

Comment

updated game time anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
                  updated game time anyone?
                  new start 1:56p
                  Go TEAM Zags !

Comment

Go Zags!

Comment

10 more minutes...

Getting my tournament pre game nervousness...

We need to start well and set the pace!
                      GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

Thanks gamagin. I agree one of the keys will be stopping the easy buckets for OkSt.

Comment

Good luck boys and girls ...

Go Zags !!!
                            So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

Oh no! GBJ has on the white headband! We're doomed!
                              Oregon Zag

Comment

Working...
                              X