Rebounds 7-20 3-12
    Assists 8 13
    Steals 1 8
    Blocks 3 3
    Turnovers 11 1
    Fouls 7 9

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokis View Post
      That is the worst defense I have watched in probably the last 10 years of basketball
      AZ is tough and will get their points inside. That's what they do.

Difference is the Zag's TO's and points off them. Take those away and we're ahead or tied.
      "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• Originally posted by VinnyZag View Post
        I only saw Arizona play a couple times, but I'd be willing to bet that was their best half of the year. Not that the Zags didn't contribute, lol.
        I've seen them play that well a handful of times. At Colorado. Cal and Stanford at home. Utah at the Pac 12 Tourney.

Arizona actually was pretty sloppy the last 3 or 4 minutes. That wasn't their best 20 minutes.

Comment

• Interesting stat: GU out rebounding Arizona 20 to 12

GU has 7 offensive boards

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• Is it a bad thing for me to reset my goal for this game to just not going out as badly as Creighton?
            Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• 19-2 points off turnovers

Geez. C'mon guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by SWZag View Post
                Interesting stat: GU out rebounding Arizona 20 to 12

Turnovers are the story. Hopefully we can flip that in the second half.

Comment

• YES! he missed it!

could be so freakin worse

backcourt needs to show up strong with the ball and hard core with winning passes thrown to them, 2 hands.

level out the turnover stat and keep D boarding while making those shots

Comment

There is a reason for that. And it doesn't benefit us.

Comment

• Originally posted by VinnyZag View Post
                      I only saw Arizona play a couple times, but I'd be willing to bet that was their best half of the year. Not that the Zags didn't contribute, lol.
                      I watched three or four of their games. This is the best half I've seen from them.
                      “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• Originally posted by CdAZagFan View Post
                        Would just love to see AZ take a challenged, tough shot, instead of all these layins...
                        That's cuz the Zags are not covering the baseline following a double team.

If the Zags had five less turnovers - this would be a close game. Arizona converted all seven of the Zags first seven turnovers into baskets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
                          I watched three or four of their games. This is the best half I've seen from them.
                          Can we hope that it is matched by the second half being the worst half you've seen from them?

Comment

helping to keep us in it. look what happened when KP and Zags finally started to make a few shots, whole tone of the game changed. hopefully they didn't find themselves too late. David ahs got to play better to o. maybe that last bucket will help get him going 2nd half

Comment

• Defense isn't so much the issue as turnovers. If we had half the TOs this is a 3 pt game.
                              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• If Gonzaga can stop the turnovers they can win this game. Arizona has foul touble and a small bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X