• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jsnider
    Kennel Club
    • Apr 2020

Originally posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    The Zags played poorly, but still could have come out with the W had the officiating been even mediocre. Alas, it was not even up to mediocre, it was blatantly one-sided in favor of BYU. And what kind of sportsmanship is shown by the BYU player (Seljass?) who stepped to the free throw line late in the game to shoot the bonus when he was what -20 feet - away from where the foul occurred? He knew he wasn't the player to be shooting the free throws, but up he steps to the line cool as a cucumber, innocent as can be. That takes a special mindset ... one I want nothing to do with. I wonder ... did Coach Pope instruct him to go to the foul line instead of the player who was really fouled? My hunch is that he did. There's losing ... and then there's losing to BYU like we did tonight. This loss was special.
    I completely agree. Mark Pope stated before the season started that GU was overrated. I know SMC is a rival year in and year out. I respect them. I do not like BYU from Mark Pope to TJ Haws who had a cheapshot on Petrusev which wasn't called. I was hoping GU would have faced BYU in the WCC tournament because we would have kicked their ass after what happened in Provo.
    Love the Zags!!!

Comment

Working...
    X