No announcement yet.

GAME THREAD: NCAA National Championship Game, GU v Baylor - 4.5.2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 minutes to play - can we be 11 points better?
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• I think we got used to teams not rebounding and instead of running back to be ready to stop the transition points.

We have not played a team that has crashed the boards like Baylor is.

Adjustments need to be made, I have faith.

Comment

• Originally posted by CdAZagFan View Post
        Glad they threw a zone in there, but didn’t look real polished. Seems like a big key was 3 pt shooting in that first half.
        Most teams today have no clue how to beat the zone....cause they never see it. SYRACUSE has mafe a career doing it....just gyars tge middlr a biy better. Zone also cuts down on fouls...they dont allow it gor a reason in the NBA...it lowers scores.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zags11 View Post
          Win the 4 minute mark to start 2nd half. Get it to 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by caduceus View Post
            I don't think Baylor will sustain 60% 3p shooting. We need to pound it inside, get fouls and FTs. We can make up this deficit shooting from the line with the clock stopped. Plenty of time.
            Great point! Go for those fouls and free throws.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballbeachbum View Post
              hope so! what adjustments? if Few has some junk D special plan, now is the time, but some adjustments, especially to get a hold of the d glass imo
              Pumping some Miley Cyrus in the locker room perhaps?
              IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Comment

• Originally posted by bballbeachbum View Post
                hope so! what adjustments? if Few has some junk D special plan, now is the time, but some adjustments, especially to get a hold of the d glass imo
                I am no where as smart as Few. Id do M2M imo so you can rebound easier.

@Hoop what would you do?

Comment

I don't think Baylor will sustain 60% 3p shooting. We need to pound it inside, get fouls and FTs. We can make up this deficit shooting from the line with the clock stopped. Plenty of time.
                  +1 You said it brother. I saw the fouls piling up and was almost a Pyrrhic victory to win the half but only up 10. Gotta push them to the brink.

Comment

• Fewie giving his most important sermon

Comment

YUP

Comment

• Keep sawing wood.
                        Get it to 8.
                        Then get it to 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zag4Hire View Post
                          Pumping some Miley Cyrus in the locker room perhaps?
                          if it works!

Comment

• Perhaps Few called up Pope at halftime and asked what worked in the WCC Champ Game in the 2H? Too soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                              Need go 3-2 zone take away middle free throw jumper and still cover 3 line
                              +1000

Comment

• Maybe even play ballo for a few enforcement fouls...

Comment

Working...
                                X