Game Thread: Texas Longhorns - 11.13.2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    It's not domination, let's not kid ourselves. Texas just can't handle this Zag D. Chet could stand still in that paint, and still be a factor. We may not have the offense we had last season, but this D is something else.
    Yes indeed. 47 first half points is still an ok offensive performance, too.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• I have a bunch of pics like this. Had to get one for this game. Hopefully it's more lopsided later, ha ha.

Comment

• I wanna give a quick shout out to Holmgren. He's a projected #1 pick who knows that there are more than 20 scouts in the stands, and he's not forcing up shots trying to get his. He just earned a lot of respect from me for that. Now, hopefully the second half goes as well.

Comment

• Beard zoned too not effective. some calls could have gone the other way. Timme beat the double numerous times in different ways (power, quickness, finesse, getting fouled), then dished out late when UTs rotations got better

Comment

• No, no, no, we’re not going to beat anybody only scoring 47 points in a half.

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
            Yes indeed. 47 first half points is still an ok offensive performance, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
              Would’ve been perfect to have Joel back.
              Never seen a guy like him. He caught more tough passes on cuts and hit more tough layups on those cuts than anyone I remember. Just amazing hands and hitting lay-ups at full speed.

Also had this weird ability to have 4 guys around the rim and yet ball drop in his hands for put back.
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                And Chet hasn’t scored yet.
                incredible his impact without scoring, seriously

Comment

• Texas 3-13 from 3, this is real helped the first half story.

Keep up the pressure Zags!

Comment

• step on their throat right now

Comment

• Texas has shot worse from 3 than us. I don't expect that to last. It helps that we have the size advantage though.

Comment

• o glass again, determined UT there. Point of emphasis from Beard at the break

Comment

• Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                          for a non zag fan….maybe
                          It's great fun. Just not really what was expected for a vaunted matchup between Top 5 teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballbeachbum View Post
                            o glass again, determined UT there. Point of emphasis from Beard at the break
                            Shoving holmgren consistently now
                            Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

• Whistle fest to start the second half.

Comment

• Beard going after Chet now, not Drew. interesting, in the block hard whether on the glass on post up. challenged them to get physical

Comment

Working...
                                X