Game Thread: @ Santa Clara 01-15-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    we were playing excellent, but no way that's the case last few minutes where we've been ourscored, and I think every basket over Drew, like 6-7 in a row?
    15 minutes great ball. 5 minutes of lack of execution on DEFENSE primary Timme
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
      Disagree. Short of 3 missed assignment s(6 points) and 2 out of this world 3 point shots (6) points we have held them to 19 points short of those issues
      I don't know Hoop, on pace to give up 82 for the game. Granted, the pace is fast which equals more possessions, but 41 in a half to SCU isn't good.

Comment

Sums it up pretty well. We all love the offensive fireworks but giving up 41 points to SCU? I know they're not chopped liver but we've got to do better than that
        Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

Still on pace to score 120

Comment

SCU does not suck on O, they have some weapons. Our screen roll D suffered down the stretch, not sure what the plan was. If the guard allows himself to get picked off on purpose, then Drews is left 1v1 with a ball handler, got torched. No hard hedge, no jumping the dribbler, no weakside help, just Drew left out to dry. It did not work and SCU went off

Comment

It’s WCC

Comment

yep, that's what I said

Comment

Drew only has one foul, he can get REALLY agressive in this 2nd half.
                  The NBA playoffs, a best of 7 is always better than a best of 1.

Comment

14 assists. Not bad.

Comment

Don't feel the guards are making enough (or any) effort to get Chet the ball down low. He is working for position and not getting rewarded.

Comment

Originally posted by spike_jr View Post
                        I don't know Hoop, on pace to give up 82 for the game. Granted, the pace is fast which equals more possessions, but 41 in a half to SCU isn't good.
                        Santa clar is 48th best team in nation for offense. With adjusted offense rating of 110. Holding them to 41 is not shabby considering at least 16 points were either defensive error or amazing shots……….meanwhile holding them to 40 shooting and 30% from 3 is not too shabby to be honesat

Comment

Originally posted by whatazag View Post
                          Don't feel the guards are making enough (or any) effort to get Chet the ball down low. He is working for position and not getting rewarded.
                          I saw several opportunities that were missed need to ensure he gets into the flow

Comment

Doesn’t seem like we run many plays for Chet. He gets his in transition or off of putbacks as opposed to half court sets. OTOH, we run tons of set plays for Timme

ZZ

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by packlite View Post
                              I use Norton internet security which has a feature to change my VPN. On game day, I change it to Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Works fine. Otherwise I'm always in market
                              Thanks for the tip, that worked for me.
                              "Neck-ties are just maxi pads for your throat." - Ted Williams

Comment

Watson once again showing his value. Leading in rebounds with 7 leading in steals with 2. and solid shooting on 3-4 shooting…….

Comment

Working...
                                X