Game Thread: NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 vs. Arkansas - 3.24.2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by john montana View Post
    I’m still in shock they didn’t call that trip on Nembhard. how do you miss a guy literally sticking his leg out and tripping a guy?
    Right, how can it be anything other than bias? The whole world saw that trip and the no call. What can it be other than bias? Someone tell me how anyone misses that call?

Comment

• I had to go to a sports bar to see this game here in Arizona. I showed in full Zag colors. As this game progressed officiating looked suspect and even more so in final minutes. The writing was on the wall, these refs killed our team energy and belief. When the trip / no call happened I walked out. We got hosed.
      With that said I also saw a couple things. Until someone on the coaching staff learns how to teach defending the 3, we are stuck in perpetual playoff mediocrity. Secondly those lousy officials took the air out of our team. The Zags went from Hunter to being hunted. Arkansas was given a free pass and felt it. They then became the Hunter with high energy.
      Many thought this team was a 16 team and I guess they were right.
      I appreciate each and every one of them for another fabulous season. We are so lucky.
      One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• It's hard not to feel the referees had a big part in the final score. All 5 fouls on Chet were very questionable and 2-3 were FLAT OUT the wrong call. There were 5-7 calls there were questionable and it seems every single one went against the Zags. There was even the play late in the game where the CBS crew showed the replay of the Arkansas player clearly stepping out of bounds. There was no call made and they ended up hitting at 3.

The trip on Nembhard was clearly seen by all 3 CBS commentators. It took a combination of several things to lose: 1) Arkansas "mucking it up" and playing slow, dirty ball. 2) The Zags missing many open shots. 3) Chet having his minutes limited due to poor officiating. 4) Arkansas wanting it more and beating the Zags to loose balls, rebounds, etc.

"There is always next year"... Very disappointing night. I thought Duke was going to be a very hard game, but we would get through Arkansas.

Comment

• This sounds like sour grapes, and maybe it is a bit, but I can't respect any team or fans of that team who like the type of play Arkansas plays. It's not basketball and the tournament means less and less by allowing that type of game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZagFanInSD View Post
            It's hard not to feel the referees had a big part in the final score. All 5 fouls on Chet were very questionable and 2-3 were FLAT OUT the wrong call. There were 5-7 calls there were questionable and it seems every single one went against the Zags. There was even the play late in the game where the CBS crew showed the replay of the Arkansas player clearly stepping out of bounds. There was no call made and they ended up hitting at 3.

The trip on Nembhard was clearly seen by all 3 CBS commentators. It took a combination of several things to lose: 1) Arkansas "mucking it up" and playing slow, dirty ball. 2) The Zags missing many open shots. 3) Chet having his minutes limited due to poor officiating. 4) Arkansas wanting it more and beating the Zags to loose balls, rebounds, etc.

"There is always next year"... Very disappointing night. I thought Duke was going to be a very hard game, but we would get through Arkansas.
            Chet was taken out of the game by the refs. It is like he barely played.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrizZAG View Post
              I had to go to a sports bar to see this game here in Arizona. I showed in full Zag colors. As this game progressed officiating looked suspect and even more so in final minutes. The writing was on the wall, these refs killed our team energy and belief. When the trip / no call happened I walked out. We got hosed.
              With that said I also saw a couple things. Until someone on the coaching staff learns how to teach defending the 3, we are stuck in perpetual playoff mediocrity. Secondly those lousy officials took the air out of our team. The Zags went from Hunter to being hunted. Arkansas was given a free pass and felt it. They then became the Hunter with high energy.
              Many thought this team was a 16 team and I guess they were right.
              I appreciate each and every one of them for another fabulous season. We are so lucky.
              Not tracking on the 3 point defense. We held teams to collective under 28% in tournament
              Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

Working...
              X