Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rui News :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rui News :)

    https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bu...-rui-hachimura

    But Boylen did have a much heavier focus on generating points inside first, with the team ranking third in the league in points in the paint per game during his tenure. Rui Hachimura fits in extremely well with the idea of the Bulls punishing teams inside with low-post scoring depth, resulting in open looks on the perimeter.
    More at the link

    Methinks Rui is going to be a sensational player for whatever team gets him. Hope Rui will soak up all the media attention with his awesome smile

  • #2
    Originally posted by Zagger View Post
    https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bu...-rui-hachimura



    More at the link

    Methinks Rui is going to be a sensational player for whatever team gets him. Hope Rui will soak up all the media attention with his awesome smile
    Will no doubt have best smile on draft night. Electric.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
      Will no doubt have best smile on draft night. Electric.
      Exhibit A:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
        Exhibit A:

        Rui is so great! My grandson met him and spoke Japanese to him at Blaze pizza (Ethan just got his degree in Japanese and in ESL and will be teaching in Japan this fall) Rui was shocked but so very nice and E said he is rather shy. He will be a star in many ways. ( He asked Ethan if he is from Japan so his Japanese must be pretty darned good.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          Will no doubt have best smile on draft night. Electric.
          True.

          And we already have 100% evidence that Rui will be patient in learning the league.

          I suspect he'll need it, as he's more raw than most our players - still - getting by still on elite athleticism more than anything. BUT, he's also a very fast learner, very capable of evolving and probably the highest upside of anyone we've had since Morrison/Sabonis.
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by zagbeliever View Post
            Rui is so great! My grandson met him and spoke Japanese to him at Blaze pizza (Ethan just got his degree in Japanese and in ESL and will be teaching in Japan this fall) Rui was shocked but so very nice and E said he is rather shy. He will be a star in many ways. ( He asked Ethan if he is from Japan so his Japanese must be pretty darned good.
            I love hearing stories like that!

            I met Elias Harris after the OK State game on NY Eve. We had a brief, but nice conversation in German. He was surprised as well. Getting pictures with many of the Zags is a favorite memory of mine. The pictures are in an album in my profile.



            ETA: that young man next to Elias is now 6'1", and will be a senior in HS next year.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by zagbeliever View Post
              Rui is so great! My grandson met him and spoke Japanese to him at Blaze pizza (Ethan just got his degree in Japanese and in ESL and will be teaching in Japan this fall) Rui was shocked but so very nice and E said he is rather shy. He will be a star in many ways. ( He asked Ethan if he is from Japan so his Japanese must be pretty darned good.
              That is one impressive grandson you have.

              Eastern languages are so hard to learn for us, characters totally different.

              He will never have trouble finding great career.

              You should be very proud.

              At least as proud as Tex of his grandkids, which is wonderful.

              Off season threads are just better IMO.
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                I love hearing stories like that!

                I met Elias Harris after the OK State game on NY Eve. We had a brief, but nice conversation in German. He was surprised as well. Getting pictures with many of the Zags is a favorite memory of mine. The pictures are in an album in my profile.



                ETA: that young man next to Elias is now 6'1", and will be a senior in HS next year.
                The players are so gracious about having their pictures taken and they REALLY are sincere when they say thank you to US. Love the Zag boys.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thank you! I remember when he started foreign language in middle school trying to sway him to take Spanish but he was so determined to learn Japanese. Spokane has a “sister” school for Japanese students and he got involved the students there and soon was a T/A and very immersed with the students. He continued at Eastern. Long story short he was right and I was wrong. �� He spent time last summer there and was hired first interview! I have schooled him on our former Zags to watch for who play there ����
                  Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                  That is one impressive grandson you have.

                  Eastern languages are so hard to learn for us, characters totally different.

                  He will never have trouble finding great career.

                  You should be very proud.

                  At least as proud as Tex of his grandkids, which is wonderful.

                  Off season threads are just better IMO.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    And for you all awaiting a fashion update, Rui posted a picture on his Instagram page of the August GQ Japan cover featuring Rui in Dolce Gabbana.


                    https://www.instagram.com/p/BxyZ8XiF..._web_copy_link
                    Bonjour tristesse.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      https://8points9seconds.com/2019/05/...rui-hachimura/
                      But we don't play nobody.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        50 nothing like holding back how the author really feels! Lol

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                          50 nothing like holding back how the author really feels! Lol
                          I think a lot of the authors critiques of Rui are pretty spot on. I think the piece he's missing in all of his critiques is Rui's amazing growth to date. He's really only played two years at an elite level, and as we can attest, his growth in all areas of his game has been phenomenal. I agree that his defense as is won't be good enough for the NBA. And he definitely missed passing opportunities. But I think he has more growth and development potential even than most one-and-done players - he just hasn't spent that much time learning basketball yet.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kdaleb View Post
                            I think a lot of the authors critiques of Rui are pretty spot on. I think the piece he's missing in all of his critiques is Rui's amazing growth to date. He's really only played two years at an elite level, and as we can attest, his growth in all areas of his game has been phenomenal. I agree that his defense as is won't be good enough for the NBA. And he definitely missed passing opportunities. But I think he has more growth and development potential even than most one-and-done players - he just hasn't spent that much time learning basketball yet.
                            I agree.

                            I wonder if the writer has only been writing for 2-3 years? Just to judge fairly. I think not.
                            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                              50 nothing like holding back how the author really feels! Lol
                              Those commenting certainly didn't hold back either!
                              They were unanimous in expressing their disdain for the analysis.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X