Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Olynyk got traded to Houston

For Victor Oladipo
    Not happy for Kelly.. Houston is in a rebuilding mode and may look to just release him or buy him out.

Originally posted by SageOfZagville View Post
    For Victor Oladipo
    Not happy for Kelly.. Houston is in a rebuilding mode and may look to just release him or buy him out.
    That would allow him to pick a team though.

Comment

He'll be an unrestricted free agent in July. Will sign with a team for at least what he's making now (11.5 to 12 mil). He has yet to play for a team that employs his skillset to the maximum affect.

Comment

Mavericks made the first mistake by drafting, then trading him. To think he could have been Dirk’s understudy for two years.

Comment

KO will be just fine. A pro’s pro, for sure.

Comment

While I am a huge Kelly fan the issue for teams is his inconsistency.

Over the last 6 games he scored 18 and 17 points in two game (wins) and then scored 16 in total over the next 4 (all losses).

He is recognised as a great teammate and team-first player but ultimately I think that that is why Miami chose to trade him.

Comment

Originally posted by OZZY View Post
              While I am a huge Kelly fan the issue for teams is his inconsistency.

Over the last 6 games he scored 18 and 17 points in two game (wins) and then scored 16 in total over the next 4 (all losses).

He is recognised as a great teammate and team-first player but ultimately I think that that is why Miami chose to trade him.
              as a lifelong rockets fan i love this. we are terrible but rebuilding, and if KO can help that along at all then i'm there for it. even if he can't, watching a zag great suit up in htown will take a little of the sting out of losing so many games. go zags and go rox!

Comment

Stevens and Spo are two of the best coaches in the league but I can never quite figure out why Kelly has such a hard time getting consistent minutes. Rockets are a lot less talented than any team Kelly's been a part of so far, so hopefully he can get some time and show what he can do for half a season

Comment

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                  Mavericks made the first mistake by drafting, then trading him. To think he could have been Dirk’s understudy for two years.
                  That was my dream landing spot for him. I think he’d still fit in there. The Lakers love GU guys...

Comment

Kelly struggles on defense at the most important defensive position in the NBA. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually headed back to the Celtics. Unfortunately his next contract will be somewhere between veteran's minimum and the mid level exception.

Comment

Hope Kelly sees all the media tripe saying that the Rockets gave Oladipo away to the Heat "for virtually nothing." That ought to light his fire.

Comment

Originally posted by upan8th View Post
                        Hope Kelly sees all the media tripe saying that the Rockets gave Oladipo away to the Heat "for virtually nothing." That ought to light his fire.
                        Kelly's been a pro so long, he doesn't need the media to light his fire.

Comment

Great first game as Rocket

Great first game for Kelly, helping his new team get an emphatic W over the Timberwolves.

The starting Centre (Christian Wood) was out with right ankle soreness so KO stepped in and started.

For someone who hasn't practiced with his new team, 16 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists (3 steals) is pretty decent (+21 in a 22 point win) .

I also heard it said that, even in his first game, he was guiding his teammates on where they should be ...

Obviously a coaching gig would not be out of the question when he finally ends his playing career.

I also think that defensively he brings intangibles (obviously not off-the-charts athleticism).

His BBIQ, footwork and nose for the ball does make him a decent team defender.

Comment

Originally posted by OZZY View Post
                            Great first game for Kelly, helping his new team get an emphatic W over the Timberwolves.

The starting Centre (Christian Wood) was out with right ankle soreness so KO stepped in and started.

For someone who hasn't practiced with his new team, 16 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists (3 steals) is pretty decent (+21 in a 22 point win) .

I also heard it said that, even in his first game, he was guiding his teammates on where they should be ...

Obviously a coaching gig would not be out of the question when he finally ends his playing career.

I also think that defensively he brings intangibles (obviously not off-the-charts athleticism).

His BBIQ, footwork and nose for the ball does make him a decent team defender.
                            I have seen several Zag bigs do that, over the years. Turiaf and Sacre are two that come to mind.
                            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

https://www.radio.com/weei/sports/ce...k-about-buyout

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X