Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacific NW team or not, it sure seems as if Portland is place you don't want to go if you're gifted and wish to avoid injuries. Let's hope ZC has a healthier future in San Antonio.

Comment

If Zbo becomes an all star or bursts onto the scene, will it make the Zags look better or worse that he wasn't even a starter? I could go either way on that one.

I don't recall him looking all that ready for college competition early on in the year, but he was oozing with talent and potential. It would be really interesting to hear, in retrospect, what the staff thought of Zach that year. I think I remember them calling him a 6th starter or some similar coach speak.

Comment

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
        If Zbo becomes an all star or bursts onto the scene, will it make the Zags look better or worse that he wasn't even a starter? I could go either way on that one.

I don't recall him looking all that ready for college competition early on in the year, but he was oozing with talent and potential. It would be really interesting to hear, in retrospect, what the staff thought of Zach that year. I think I remember them calling him a 6th starter or some similar coach speak.
        It's been long enough since he left GU, how is that even a concern at this point? A number of Zags have entered the League since then. Sabonis is flourishing. I can't see any way whatever happens w/ Collins can possibly be used as negative spin against GU.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          No argument. Except for the Natty when Shem was AWOL.
          How about you take a finger/fingernail to your eyeball and see how you do 2 days later.

Your take on this topic (Collins playing behind the winner of the 2017 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Award/winningest player in the history of D1 hoops) was known in 2017. It was made known again multiple times in 2018. Again in 2019. Then ‘20 and now in 2021.

I am kinda thinking the Board knows your thoughts on the topic.
          sigpic
          “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
          ——-
          List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
          Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
            It's been long enough since he left GU, how is that even a concern at this point? A number of Zags have entered the League since then. Sabonis is flourishing. I can't see any way whatever happens w/ Collins can possibly be used as negative spin against GU.
            All of the other players in the league were starters, so Zbo is a unique case. The word "concern" has broad meaning. The fact that he didn't start could theoretically be used negatively in recruiting. I am not concerned about that because the Zags have obviously improved in their recruiting since then. It would be more of an "I can't believe the Zags didn't start Collins" and poking fun, or it could be used to reflect on how deep they were.

Comment

Working...
            X