This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Collins to Spurs

3 year/$22M. Solid based on his ankle issues. Risk for both sides, I’m sure Collins would get way more if healthy, and Spurs risking he doesn’t recover. Collins likely gets a deal like Jarret Allen on the Cavs if healthy, 5 years/$100M.

Originally posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    3 year/$22M. Solid based on his ankle issues. Risk for both sides, I’m sure Collins would get way more if healthy, and Spurs risking he doesn’t recover. Collins likely gets a deal like Jarret Allen on the Cavs if healthy, 5 years/$100M.
    Should of stayed in school! What young 20's man needs all those millions!

Sarcasm.
    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Originally posted by willandi View Post

Sarcasm.
      Case study in why you leave when you’re guaranteed bank!

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

So you’re telling me that even though several posters here were saying he needed another year with the Zags…he made the right choice?

I don’t believe it.
          It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

Sarcasm.
            No, he should have played more the one year he was at Gonzaga.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
              No, he should have played more the one year he was at Gonzaga.
              You're 21 years old. Choose one.

A) Another year of college paid for.

B) $30 million dollars

If you chose A)...you just failed the test.

Comment

Counter-argument to the $22 million thing:

His body may not have been ready to play against grown men, given the multiple injuries. One year developing his skills in college without stretching the limits of his body might have resulted in more money with this contract.

Comment

B) $30 million dollars

The crazy thing is that his first contract alone (as pick #10) probably paid him over 30 million, and then there were endorsements. This additional 22million comes after 4 very very disappointing seasons, so playing the averages as a ~10th pick in the draft, you are likely looking at probably averaging well north of 50 million over the first 6-7yrs. (basically by the time a fellow member of your high school graduating class might have finished a masters degree)

Comment

Originally posted by StatZag View Post
                    The crazy thing is that his first contract alone (as pick #10) probably paid him over 30 million, and then there were endorsements. This additional 22million comes after 4 very very disappointing seasons, so playing the averages as a ~10th pick in the draft, you are likely looking at probably averaging well north of 50 million over the first 6-7yrs. (basically by the time a fellow member of your high school graduating class might have finished a masters degree)
                    Yeah. I didn't go and look, and just made a guess. Initially I put $40M, but changed it to $30M.

I would like to think that I was smart enough to take even $10M to leave college...especially if that college would honor the schollie when I came back, and I think Gonzaga does that.

Comment

Originally posted by StatZag View Post
                      I think he made about 15 million in his four years with Portland. Good money but not 30 million.
                      I’m surprised he was able to get 22 million from the Spurs. If he ever gets healthy it could end up being a bargain.
                      Birds aren’t real.

Comment

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
                        I think he made about 15 million in his four years with Portland. Good money but not 30 million.
                        I’m surprised he was able to get 22 million from the Spurs. If he ever gets healthy it could end up being a bargain.
                        Yep! That's it

Contract: 4 yr(s) / $16,332,615
                        Free Agent: 2021 / UFA
                        Avg Salary: $4,083,154
                        Signed Using: Rookie

Plus endorsements. Now he could get those in college.

Comment

B) $30 million dollars

Read my post again, please. One year was enough, he should have played more during it. He averaged 17 minutes a game. And spare me the foul prone explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                            Read my post again, please. One year was enough, he should have played more during it. He averaged 17 minutes a game. And spare me the foul prone explanation.
                            Yes, the coaches did such a horrible job that year.

The only game that he really needed to play more was definitely due to foul trouble (3 of them phantom fouls).

Comment

Originally posted by mgadfly View Post
                              Yes, the coaches did such a horrible job that year.

The only game that he really needed to play more was definitely due to foul trouble (3 of them phantom fouls).
                              The subject of this thread is his development as a player, not the team’s W-L record.

Comment

Working...
                              X