Rui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by willandi View Post
    It must be odd to be a celebrity (of sorts) in Japan with lots of commercials, so in the public eye and at the same time to be reviled because of their color.

Japan, to my knowledge and admittedly never having lived there, always tried to maintain a cultural purity. Someone that has lived there could speak better towards that. We, as a country, are not that far away from having the same problems in many parts of our country. The myriad of names that have been used, to define the amount of colored blood one has is immense, as well as the prejudice against someone with that blood.
    I hope that we, and the world, can get past that, but much like Jackie Robinson in baseball, it has to start somewhere and with one, or two, persons.
    Just now saw this post...so very sad and I feel badly for him and his brother and actually, all minorities that have to suffer these types of comments...

Yes, willandi it is very unfortunate that this country, which has always been mentioned as a melting pot, has I estimate millions of people in this country that feel superior to minorities. My wife has gone through this in the senior community where we live with 15K others...will it ever change, I do not believe so but we can hope...

Comment

https://mayoh.substack.com/p/address...eb&utm_source=

Hope he’s doing alright!!

Comment

Wizards concerned about Rui Hachimura?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/wizards...073306663.html

Comment

Rui is back with the team and starting to work with the team now. He is conditioning and having to learn a brand new play book. Wes Unseld Jr is working with him on that as well. Might be end of November before he is up to speed and on the floor.
          'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
          - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
            Rui is back with the team and starting to work with the team now. He is conditioning and having to learn a brand new play book. Wes Unseld Jr is working with him on that as well. Might be end of November before he is up to speed and on the floor.
            Good news. Thanks for letting us know.
            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
              In the interim, Corey has been getting more minutes. I still think the Wizards are showcasing Kuzma for a trade later this season.

Comment

Rui Hachimura to begin practicing with Go-Go soon

Hachimura, 23, could start working with them as soon as Monday. He has been doing individual work at the Wizards' practice facility in southeast D.C. since arriving in town in early October.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rui-hac...041215356.html

Comment

Hachimura joins Wizards on bench for first time this season

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...st-time-season
                  Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

On the cusp of his season debut, Washington Wizards forward Rui Hachimura has entered into Covid protocols, sources tell ESPN. He had been ramping up after missing early season for personal reasons.

(Seen on Jim Meehan's twitter feed)
                    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Washington Wizards
                      @WashWizards
                      · 19m
                      Rui Hachimura will be available tonight vs. Orlando, per Coach Unseld. #DCAboveAll

Comment

He’s playing tonight, too. It has been a little rough, but he is starting to get rolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                        - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Hachimura, Kispert lead Wizards past Nets, 117-103

https://sports.yahoo.com/hachimura-k...031100278.html
                          Birds aren’t real.

Comment

That is a fantastic headline!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            If at first you don't succeed, try to solve the situation with a spud gun. ~Dwight Schrute~

Comment

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
                              Hachimura, Kispert lead Wizards past Nets, 117-103

https://sports.yahoo.com/hachimura-k...031100278.html
                              Throw in Steve Nash and Patty Mills for a nice WCC all star team.
                              “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

Watched the most of the game last night and was surprised to see Patty Mills still playing in the league and was happy to see a player from WCC.
                                He played against Zags when Jeremy Pargo was a Zag.
                                Happy to see Hachi and Kispert.

Comment

Working...
                                X