Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marcus Smart?

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
    What is interesting about Orlando is they are such a young team...four starters from last night were all drafted in the 1st round in the last three years and they have two other 1st round picks coming off the bench...

Orlando would like to win immediately BUT that organization is planning to be competitive in the next two-three years...it will take time for this team to jell and for it's members to learn how to play at that level against some of the worlds best athletes...

I remember when Keith Smart came up with Boston, he was a horrible outside shooter and made many poor decisions BUT now he is a very capable player in the NBA...Suggs reminds me of him and he has the tools to be a decent player in the next couple of years...he just needs time to adjust and learn...

Playing three to four times a week will be also be the challenge to cope physically in every game...
    I think Keith hit the game winner vs ‘cuse in season on brink.😎

Comment

What is interesting about Orlando is they are such a young team...four starters from last night were all drafted in the 1st round in the last three years and they have two other 1st round picks coming off the bench...

Orlando would like to win immediately BUT that organization is planning to be competitive in the next two-three years...it will take time for this team to jell and for it's members to learn how to play at that level against some of the worlds best athletes...

I remember when Keith Smart came up with Boston, he was a horrible outside shooter and made many poor decisions BUT now he is a very capable player in the NBA...Suggs reminds me of him and he has the tools to be a decent player in the next couple of years...he just needs time to adjust and learn...

Playing three to four times a week will be also be the challenge to cope physically in every game...
      Marcus Smart from Ok State that Few coached for USA basketball and raved about?

Comment

Originally posted by Sneakerhead253 View Post
        Marcus Smart from Ok State that Few coached for USA basketball and raved about?
        Yes, Marcus not Keith...memory is failing...SORRY!

Comment

The Magic are in Toronto tonight. Scottie Barnes is downplaying the no. 4 vs. 5 draft pick rivalry saying that Suggs "is like a brother to me."

It's a story line in the media, none the less.

https://raptorsrapture.com/2021/10/2...y-jalen-suggs/

Comment

Yeah they are friends but Scottie is just a better NBA player and projects to be a better player going forward. I’m hopeful Jalen is solid but might not live up to 5th overall expectations.

Comment

Yes, Marcus not Keith...memory is failing...SORRY!
              Keith Smart is a little long in the tooth now.
              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

STARTERS MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS

J. SuggsSG 30 6-14 4-8 5-5 0 2 2 4 0 1 3 5 +7 21

Good line tonight!
                Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Suggs with 21 tonight on 6-14 shooting in a losing effort for the Magic tonight. Best game as a pro in his young rookie season

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401359895

ZZ

Comment

I watched the game last night. Jalen was outstanding, especially down the stretch in the the 4th quarter.

Comment

‘The sky is the limit’: Wendell Carter Jr. impressed by Jalen Suggs

Suggs is off to a rather slow start offensively but his teammates and coaching staff still believe he is making a big impact. He is averaging 12 points, 3.5 assists and 3.2 rebounds in 11 games on 30.9% shooting from the field, including 22% from 3-point range.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sky-lim...223920806.html

Comment

Suggs fractures his thumb.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ractured-thumb
                        Birds aren’t real.

Comment

Jalen has been back for 5 games, playing his best stretch of the year. Averaging 13-6-4 on 51% from the floor.

Comment

Suggs helped Orlando beat the Bulls today

Demar may have scored more points than Jalen but......

https://www.nba.com/magic/videos/jal...-dunk-20220123

That is nasty!

Comment

Originally posted by OZZY View Post
                              Suggs helped Orlando beat the Bulls today

Demar may have scored more points than Jalen but......

https://www.nba.com/magic/videos/jal...-dunk-20220123

That is nasty!
                              Wow, made up his mind after his junior year! The hardest thing was keeping my decision under raps...

He is a great young man and a super ambassador for GU!

Comment

Suggs has been selected to the NBA All Star Game Weekend "Rising Stars" roster, as was his teammate Franz Wagner. The Rising Stars game will play on Feb 18 @ 9pm ET.
                                The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Working...
                                X