Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Sacre Scores big at Keeneland January Sale

Story Link: https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...a-player-sacre

The former NBA player owns the 19-year-old Tiznow mare Usrah in partnership with Carl Grether of Tom Grether Farms, who introduced him to the breeding and sales scene when the two crossed paths during Sacre's time at Gonzaga University, which Grether's daughters also attended. While Grether owns shares in about eight other mares, Usrah is the lone broodmare owned in partnership by Sacre, and her short yearling by Gun Runner is just the second horse they've sent through the ring together.

"Carl influenced me. I knew him from college and he's been excellent at picking horses," Sacre said. "I told him, 'Whatever you're doing, I want to be a part of,' and he was able to help me through this whole process and picking out horses. At some point we sat down and made a plan and we have executed it. It worked out good for us. I'm very grateful to have Carl helping and mentoring me throughout this whole process; it's been great. Our plan is to keep selling."
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Good for Robert. A great guy and a great Zag. Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
    X