Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanbo Zheng to the G league

https://theathletic.com/news/top-chi...s/dBTTzvRXpf7N

"Zeng committed to Gonzaga last fall, but sources say the departure of assistant coach Tommy Lloyd — who led the recruitment of Zeng to the Bulldogs — played a major role in the 18-year-old's decision to head to the G League now. Lloyd recently agreed to become the new head coach at Arizona."

Comment

I have to eat my words on Fanbo coming from the other topic. My reaction is more sadness in what he could have brought to the team. Well will never know now. I think it would have been in his best interest to play in college even if it meant that he went to Arizona to play. Not a big fan of the G league and unless your a top 5 pick out of high school it does you a disservice with no tv exposure and you play less games against competition that is potentially suspect. Dynamic is different as The goal is to showcase your individual skills instead of winning a championship in that league. The ignite went 8-7 this past year with Jalen Green and no one is talking about the mediocrity of that team.

Comment

Good luck young man
        Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
          Good luck young man
          +1

Comment

If we couldn't measure a loss from losing Tommy yet, now we can.

Best wishes for a long and successful career.
            Originally posted by Reborn
            Go Zags!!!
            Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

Professional sports minor leagues is the proven development model all over the world .....I suspect more and more will choose that route if it proves successful.......The average NBA career is 4.8 years....you can go to college any time....

Comment

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
                Professional sports minor leagues is the proven development model all over the world .....I suspect more and more will choose that route if it proves successful.......The average NBA career is 4.8 years....you can go to college any time....
                It's possible he will get more playing time in the G League than he would have received at GU next season.

Comment

With Chet committing and good chance Timme returns he may have envisioned little play time. Was he that good? I don’t know much other than he’s 6’10 and from China.
                  One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

Originally posted by GrizZAG View Post
                    With Chet committing and good chance Timme returns he may have envisioned little play time. Was he that good? I don’t know much other than he’s 6’10 and from China.
                    Yes I think he is going to be really good. The G league thought enough of him to throw some good money at him too

Comment

Originally posted by ZagaZags View Post
                      It's possible he will get more playing time in the G League than he would have received at GU next season.
                      Agreed. Best wishes to him.
                      I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

I wish him the best and won't waste another thought on him.
                        Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

he has huge marketing potential back in china...he doesn't really need the ncaa exposure to tap into that. they'll be happy to show his g-league games back home if he's getting run.

Comment

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                            I wish him the best and won't waste another thought on him.
                            +1

Comment

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...2022-nba-draft

Comment

Working...
                              X